HomepageHowcomyoucomRaceandHistoryRootsWomenTrinicenter
Homepage
Rastafari Speaks Archive
Buy Books
ARCHIVE HOMEMESSAGE BOARDREASONING FORUMARTICLESNEWS WEBLOG

Read Only : Rastafari Speaks Reasoning Archives

Rastafari Speaks Archive 1

Re: Should Ras Be Used By Europeans?

in Ethiopia no whitemen have ever been crowned Ras, Baba is right, no where in europe was the term RAS used or developed.

You count yourself fortunate, for if we the black man and woman, never let you into our camps, you would'nt be saying Rastafari, or begging us the indigenous people who were taken from Africa by your white ancestors, to call you a whitemen Ras, the term Ras comes from Ethiopia, and i do know for sure one time Ethiopia, and any of the Kushite EMPIRES, never had any white people living there one time, to even get called by the title RAS.

rasfael you are very arrogant in your response learn humble standing to understand the message, claim the title Ras all you want, but light as His complexion was, EMPEROR HAILE SELASSIE I THE FIRST IS A ETHIOPIAN BLACKMAN, the title Ras when Ethiopians created it was not designated to any white person i don't know of any white noble in the Emperor's court who was given the Title Ras.

Face facts the people who are calling themselves white Ras, or Rasta are band wagoness, we the African nation in the west saw Rastafari first, Rastafari was not a whitemen's creation, people like Bob Marley gave the white world the flood lights to come into the Rastafari movement.

I'm not spilling my guts here, i'm spelling it out rasfael, as you call yourself.

before any white people got involved in the Rastaafari movement, the chant was Africa for the Africans those at home and us born abroad, you feel because black people have embraced you into Rastafari, and have encouraged you to Hail, Emperor Haile Selassie I as the Almighty, you feel you have a divine right to be called Ras, even though in the history of Ethiopia, and the start of the Rastafari movement in the west, white men in particular were'nt even referred to as Ras.

Well you say no one can tell you, you are not a Ras, anyone can tell you that you are not a Ras, what you are doing is refusing to let them tell you, you are not a Ras.

that said the title Ras was designated for most of the Members of the Ethiopian Royal cabinet, yes African people of colour were the first to come say Rastafari, and be called Rasses so you miss the point big time you who post under the title of rasfael napthali.

that said I'm with Baba fulltime on this topic for the original Ras of Ethiopia was black.

that said rasfael learn humble standing to understand the message from the original creation people, Rastafari is from creation a inborn concept, and one time the original Rasses existed long time on this planet before any white people emerged or evolved.

that said ill seal up here i think you will understand my post if you don't read lazy.

I AM HON KES AA ADOFO
I.N.R.I, ALL BLESSING AND ALL BLEST, THROUGH THE BLACK CHRIST SALVATION, HOLY EMMANUEL I KING SELASSIE I JAH RASTAFARI, MY LORD AND EMPRESS, PRINCE AND PRINCESS, GOD AND GODDESS.

Messages In This Thread

Should Ras Be Used By Europeans?
About Respect
How many of them hail Marcus? *NM*
Re: How many of them hail Marcus?
Black Star Liner
Re: Black Star Liner
Re: How many of them LOVE Marcus?
Re: How many of them LOVE Marcus?
A dwarf standing on a Giant's shoulders...
Re: A dwarf standing on a Giant's shoulders...
Re: A dwarf standing on a Giant's shoulders...
H.I.M. presentation @ Marcus Garvey Center
Re: H.I.M. presentation @ Marcus Garvey Center
Why cant they use...
Re: Why cant they use...
IthiopianRasses do not want Black Jamaicans using
'white' ras = TARZAN
Re: 'white' ras = TARZAN
Re: Should Ras Be Used By Europeans? *NM*

FAIR USE NOTICE:
This site may at times contain copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner. We are making such material available in our efforts to advance understanding of environmental, political, human rights, economic, democracy, scientific, and social justice issues, etc. We believe this constitutes a 'fair use' of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law. If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond 'fair use', you must obtain permission from the copyright owner.
For more information go to: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml

Copyright © 2003-2014 RastafariSpeaks.com & AfricaSpeaks.com