Homepage
Rastafari Speaks Archive
Buy Books
ARCHIVE HOMEMESSAGE BOARDREASONING FORUMARTICLESNEWS WEBLOG

Read Only : Rastafari Speaks Reasoning Archives

Rastafari Speaks Archive 1

Re: DEATHS IN THE RASTAFARI MOVEMENT

greetings ,
i would love to add my little irits on this .

i&i will not use such word as stupid to define what the elders were/are doin with death and deads .
i personally remember at the beginnin of i trod , heard a niyabinghy queen sharin her experience within the nazarite vow and death , particularly the death of her mama . i can feel now as then the sorrow and pain that walked along side her magnificent courage and faith ......
but you can be sure , man it was a choice of sufferance , and a choice of Love fe the Most High Jah RasTafari , a choice which lead you to stay away from the person you love the most when this person is really makin her way to the afterlife ....
IT IS NOT EASY ....and what i can tell you , is that personally i admired those actions , i admired the love , i admire the courage , i admire the faith , i admired the coherence , i admired the humilty , and the strenght .
Jah love to the queen and elder ,ivermore .

i can remember even how it was discussed this subject , with totally reverence fe the vow .

i,m tellin ya , i&i see it still like it is .
( very serious , mystic and important Vow )

If what rastas do , for the ones who do , site them dreadlocks as part of the Nazarite Vow , as it is written in Numbers ch.6 , then for me it is sure to be followed in all its totality .

and those lines ....." not even if is your mother " ... struck in ones head for sure .

what i wanted to add here , is that this Vow is not an indivisible one . i mean one can put the Vow to an end .
It is not something you do for eternity .....of course you can .
But i want to say .....how i&i site this one , if i make the Vow and then my mama die or a person who i love die , the Vow itself seh ......nah go around the dead , IF you do ....CUT your loks .
nah true ? Vow "suspended" or "finished" .

You got an option see ....you can stay and mourn your mama , but you have to RENOUnCE your Vow with Jah .
But you can MAKE that same Vow , whenever again you would feel to do so .
This is how i view .

And one more thing to be reasonin on is , death and life , really how ones site if they do , DEATH .
Cause for me really exixt the dead of the flesh , but my SOUL/SPIRIT never die , and so the other I live on forIver ......
that is why i suppose it is sayd , let the dead bury the dead ..meanin if i NAH site death i can't go bury a one ....

mo'love

Messages In This Thread

DEATHS IN THE RASTAFARI MOVEMENT
Rastafari and the bible Must part ways....NOW
Re: Rastafari and the bible Must part ways....NOW
particle and a wave *NM*

FAIR USE NOTICE:
This site may at times contain copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner. We are making such material available in our efforts to advance understanding of environmental, political, human rights, economic, democracy, scientific, and social justice issues, etc. We believe this constitutes a 'fair use' of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law. If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond 'fair use', you must obtain permission from the copyright owner.
For more information go to: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml

Copyright © 2003-2014 RastafariSpeaks.com & AfricaSpeaks.com