HomepageHowcomyoucomRaceandHistoryRootsWomenTrinicenter
Homepage
Rastafari Speaks Archive
Buy Books
ARCHIVE HOMEMESSAGE BOARDREASONING FORUMARTICLESNEWS WEBLOG

Read Only : Rastafari Speaks Reasoning Archives

Rastafari Speaks Archive 1

Re: DEATHS IN THE RASTAFARI MOVEMENT

I APOLOGIZE WRONG CHOICE OF WORD STUPID WAS HARSH AND WRONG.

YOU WROTE AS FOLLOWED.
I really do not think that the elders in the Rastafari movement were stupid, because they use to teach that the wages of sin is death, but the gift of God is internal life, this is written all over in the bible, and the bible is a very intimidating book. As children we were taught to worship the bible, people are still being taught to worship the bible even as we speak. It has been taught that if anything is written in the bible, it must be taken as truth and nothing but the truth. The legal courts of Law, always have people swearing by the bible before they give evidence in court. The relgious churches today still use the bible and its contents, as basis for truth. At the end of the bible, it is written that anyone who add or take away, from the contents of the bible, the plagues of death shall be given unto them. So our noble elders from whom we learned, were only trying to follow what was writen in the book, which is called the holy bible.

The bible also said let the dead bury their dead, quite an impossible thing to say, for how can the dead really bury the dead? That is something which I would really like to see. People were just trying to be on the right side, and since the bible was proclaimed to be true and righteous all together, our elders just try to follow, thinking that they were doing the right thing. And since the vow of the Nazarene, said that one who has vowed to be a Nazarene, should not come near any dead bodies, if a brother are a sister who is well know to the house, dies, they would be conpletely avoided, and their family whom they left and despised to become a Rastafari person, would have to come and have the body removed and be buried, or the government would have to remove the body, and have it buried. Please be advised, that when I raise the issue, about death in the Rastafari movement, I did raise this issue with the intention of condemning our elders as being stupid, they were not stupid, they were honorable people, who stood up for the rights of African people, and learned from the stage which was presented to them.

Had it not been for the elders and the great sacrifices which they made, many of us would not be here today speaking about the struggle for the liberation of African people. They were as human as any of us are today, and they learned from those who were before them, they did not will fully decieve us, they simple taught us what they learned from the bible, and they who were before them, and considered it to be true, and that it was true, based on beliefs and religion. I am truly greatful for what I have learned from our elders, and I am happy, that the baton of correction, was passed on to us, the make the needed reformations, so that the following generation, will be in better leadership popsition, to carry on the struggle for the liberation of African people everywhere. They who are opposedto reformation, need to have a good study, of the continuous changes and growth ofcvthe Rastafari movement, throughout the ages.
Again I send many oceans of blessings and self determination to African people everywhere.
ONE BLACK LOVE ONE BLACK HEART
Baba Ras Marcus.

Beloved I see what you are saying, but how could you take those teachings literal knowing generations before you and others had passed on physically, show I the logic in believing you would not see physical death, considering it was something happening long time ago, it seems like the Bible is the escapegoat here over common sense, why Blame the Bible because common sense failed and was not used.

When I was on Bobo Hill in Jamaica The HQ of the E.A.B.I.C, Taught from you live upright and clean you would not see death, when King Emmanuel physically passed on I was on the hill, and everyone saw to it he got a burial right there on the hill.

Now many other bredrin have passed on in the Bobo house and instead of us honouring them for the great works they did, they got handed over to there family which they left to be Rastafarian, but because the house had special praise for Dada Emmanuel he was given a honourable burial in the name of our God and King Emperor Haile Selassie I.

So much Brothers and Sisters of the movement have been buried in the name of the Christian Geezas Christ, which they have been burning for so long, in no country in the world is there a burial ground with either graves or sepulchres for Rastafarian persons, but every other faith as one.

Even as we speak this matter as not been rectified or reformed, many Rasses are in unmarked graves in Ethiopia right now as I speak, such is the judgment the EOC Priests make rude comments like, they don't want to pray with us, but they want to sleep with us, meaning we don't go to their church and worship with them, yet when one of us pass on it is them same EOC PRIEST we want to bury our beloved who as passed on.

Give thanks for all post so far, but this matter is stilled not rectified in the socalled reformation of the Rastafari Movement, I blame no elder for mistakes made in the past, but common sense tells me, whether the Bible is a intimidating Book or not, that sense would tell me it is a big error to really believe that our flesh would not see corruption or death because we are Children of Rastafari.

What really made Rastafari persons believe they were infallible, and could not see corruption or death? BABA, you often say we can't prove most of the things we believe in untill that great day of revelation past to see if what a one is saying is true or false, yet revelation after revelation revealed flesh past on long before you and I were born, yet ones still preached let the dead bury the dead and don't go to funeral because your temple would be defiled, because the Bible, Jes-us, and the Nazarite vow said so.

Yes my vexation of spirit made me call ones stupid, I was wrong to say so, but a big error was made in thinking one could not see death or corruption, based on the Nazarite vow, and what Jes-us the socalled Christ said, through what was written in the Bible.

Beloved I see you as a man that uses your own thought and mind, and I'm saying in reality could'nt anyone look at numbers 6 and see that, this could not make practical sense living in the real world of today, then and now, and in the present year and time?

In the spirit all the great people have never died as it is said, but their physical structures have passed on, and this is something I have known before embracing Rastafari as my faith and way of life, so what would change this order because of the Nazarite vow or what the Bible said? common sense and disernment should tell us that, physical death was happening long before the Rastafari movement emerged as it did, so why would that order change all of a sudden just through the Rastafari movement?

Just like how Rastafarians have dismissed that nature taught us it was a shame to have long hair as it is written in the same Bible, which is a more simple reasoning than death, why was not the same common sense used concerning death?

Yes Muta came up with the new faculty of reasoning at a conferance one time, but still this fact concerning persons passing on in the Rastafari movement was not addressed, and while it may come up from time to time, Rastafarian as we are, are not dealing with it.

None the less I give thanks for all said as it as sharpened my thinking, and given me strength on the next move I am to make concerning this.

YES I still honour my elders just like you do, but I can't be made scared to point out this error, just like you point out many other errors in the Rastafari movement, you pointed out this as one of the foundation teachings of old, in the Rastafari movement, and since it came up I thought I'd start a thread on it.

Yet again I humbly apologize for using the word stupid.

Still though the matter still as not been rectified.

That said give thanks for all in helping me present this reasoning in this thread.

All Blessing and all Blest.

I AM HON KES AA ADOFO.

Messages In This Thread

DEATHS IN THE RASTAFARI MOVEMENT
Rastafari and the bible Must part ways....NOW
Re: Rastafari and the bible Must part ways....NOW
particle and a wave *NM*

FAIR USE NOTICE:
This site may at times contain copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner. We are making such material available in our efforts to advance understanding of environmental, political, human rights, economic, democracy, scientific, and social justice issues, etc. We believe this constitutes a 'fair use' of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law. If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond 'fair use', you must obtain permission from the copyright owner.
For more information go to: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml

Copyright © 2003-2014 RastafariSpeaks.com & AfricaSpeaks.com