HomepageHowcomyoucomRaceandHistoryRootsWomenTrinicenter
Homepage
Rastafari Speaks Archive
Buy Books
ARCHIVE HOMEMESSAGE BOARDREASONING FORUMARTICLESNEWS WEBLOG

Read Only : Rastafari Speaks Reasoning Archives

Rastafari Speaks Archive 1

Re: DEATHS IN THE RASTAFARI MOVEMENT

I really do not think that the elders in the Rastafari movement were stupid, because they use to teach that the wages of sin is death, but the gift of God is internal life, this is written all over in the bible, and the bible is a very intimidating book. As children we were taught to worship the bible, people are still being taught to worship the bible even as we speak. It has been taught that if anything is written in the bible, it must be taken as truth and nothing but the truth. The legal courts of Law, always have people swearing by the bible before they give evidence in court. The relgious churches today still use the bible and its contents, as basis for truth. At the end of the bible, it is written that anyone who add or take away, from the contents of the bible, the plagues of death shall be given unto them. So our noble elders from whom we learned, were only trying to follow what was writen in the book, which is called the holy bible.

The bible also said let the dead bury their dead, quite an impossible thing to say, for how can the dead really bury the dead? That is something which I would really like to see. People were just trying to be on the right side, and since the bible was proclaimed to be true and righteous all together, our elders just try to follow, thinking that they were doing the right thing. And since the vow of the Nazarene, said that one who has vowed to be a Nazarene, should not come near any dead bodies, if a brother are a sister who is well know to the house, dies, they would be conpletely avoided, and their family whom they left and despised to become a Rastafari person, would have to come and have the body removed and be buried, or the government would have to remove the body, and have it buried. Please be advised, that when I raise the issue, about death in the Rastafari movement, I did raise this issue with the intention of condemning our elders as being stupid, they were not stupid, they were honorable people, who stood up for the rights of African people, and learned from the stage which was presented to them.

Had it not been for the elders and the great sacrifices which they made, many of us would not be here today speaking about the struggle for the liberation of African people. They were as human as any of us are today, and they learned from those who were before them, they did not will fully decieve us, they simple taught us what they learned from the bible, and they who were before them, and considered it to be true, and that it was true, based on beliefs and religion. I am truly greatful for what I have learned from our elders, and I am happy, that the baton of correction, was passed on to us, the make the needed reformations, so that the following generation, will be in better leadership popsition, to carry on the struggle for the liberation of African people everywhere. They who are opposedto reformation, need to have a good study, of the continuous changes and growth ofcvthe Rastafari movement, throughout the ages.
Again I send many oceans of blessings and self determination to African people everywhere.
ONE BLACK LOVE ONE BLACK HEART
Baba Ras Marcus.

Messages In This Thread

DEATHS IN THE RASTAFARI MOVEMENT
Rastafari and the bible Must part ways....NOW
Re: Rastafari and the bible Must part ways....NOW
particle and a wave *NM*

FAIR USE NOTICE:
This site may at times contain copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner. We are making such material available in our efforts to advance understanding of environmental, political, human rights, economic, democracy, scientific, and social justice issues, etc. We believe this constitutes a 'fair use' of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law. If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond 'fair use', you must obtain permission from the copyright owner.
For more information go to: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml

Copyright © 2003-2014 RastafariSpeaks.com & AfricaSpeaks.com