HomepageHowcomyoucomRaceandHistoryRootsWomenTrinicenter
Homepage
Rastafari Speaks Archive
Buy Books
ARCHIVE HOMEMESSAGE BOARDREASONING FORUMARTICLESNEWS WEBLOG

Read Only : Rastafari Speaks Reasoning Archives

Rastafari Speaks Archive 1

Re: Title of Haile Selassie
In Response To: Re: Title of Haile Selassie ()

It is indeed good to reason, because you can sum up those who are just followers, as well as those who are thinkers. Ethiopia has been and still is a very complex place for a very long time. Marcus Garvey must be credited and be praised, for planting the first seed of the Rastafari movement in the minds of African people in the Island of Jamaica. Marcus Garveys concept of the Rastafari movement, was a black power movement, to advance the great struggle of Africa for Africans those at home and those abroad. The religious section of the movement, was influenced by the King James bible, especially the part in the book of Revelation, which they said was written by John the divine. I myself was influenced by these writings, as my elders read the scriptures, and give their own translation or meaning to what was read, as we sit and reason in our gates. I had no other influences but what was written in the bible, or what I heard from others, or what I read in other books. I did humble my self, and learned and follow, since we were threatened not to add or take away, from what was written in the bible.

The Christians religion also read the same bible, but they have their own translations or meanings, which is also different from that of the Rastafari Religion.

Bobo Shanti also use the bible, and was able to create their own Religion, by claiming that the Trinity is Brother Heady, who later take on the name Prince Emanuel, Marcus Garvey, and Ras Tafari Makonnen, they claimed that this is the Royal Trinity, and divine authority of this entire universe, please correct me if I am wrong.
Now the Nyabinghi house does not hold this belief, their belief is that Haile I Sellasse I is the rightful ruler of this vast creation. So in the year 1958, Brother Heady became a Rastafari person, after the revival convention, which was held at Ackee Walk, and after that march which ended at the Queen Victoria Park, in the City of Kingston Jamaica, resulting in many going to jail, and many suffering from brutal beating by the police. This became the begining of the Bobo Shante religion.

Then later on, Doctor, Vernal Carrington who was my playmate as a child, left the Ethiopian Federation, and used the bible, to establsh, the Twelve Tribes of Isreal in the year 1968, and then took on thec title Gad, and this religion, the Twelve Tribe of Isreal, is still in operation, and has done much beteer economically, than both the Nyabinghi House, as well s the Bobo Shanti House.

There are some many other groups who have used the bible to create religious groups over the hundreds of years since the bible has been in circulation, if you all know of any others feel free to speak. I think I have read some thing on this very forum, about another religious group, which is also in existance which is called Nibiru, it also seems to be fast becoming another religion, which may also use the name Rastafari, if anyone knows about it please school me.

So the Rastafari movement becomes more complex as the days go by, we as Africans abroad, are not accepted in Ethiopia or any other parts of Africa as Africans abroad, based on immigration Laws, we are addressed as Jamaicans, Trinidadians, Barbadians, Americans and every other name away from Africans. After all these many Decades that we have been telling the world that we are Africans abroad, today our own leaders in Africa, or afraid to change the constitutions, and make us Africans under their own immigration laws.

There is a whole lot of new information which is flowing on these internet, information which I have never seen nor heard of, and these information do presents a whole lot of contradictions, and I must inform the collective, that I am going to be asking many questions, which others may be afraid to ask. I will be asking questions because I need to learn, so if you do not have the answers to my questions, there is no need to be rude to me, all you have to do is leave it alone, I am asking questions to earn knowledge, if you have knowledge you can share it me, if you only have a belief, keep it until the time of revelation is fully come, then you will know if your belief is true or false.

Yes beloved you are right, true Rastafari people are Iyaganic, they do find the Creator in Creation, they make life to be their only teacher, they learn from the animals and the trees and all other Creatures upon the face of this earth. They are truely guided by intuition the true internal teacher and they are sons and daughters of Mother Nature and Father Time.
Again I send many oceans of blessings and self determination to African people everywhere
ONE BLACK LOVE ONE BLACK HEART
Baba Ras Marcus

Messages In This Thread

Title of Haile Selassie
i forgot to add:
Re: i forgot to add:
WHAT WE ALL FAIL TO SEE
Re: WHAT WE ALL FAIL TO SEE
Re: WHAT WE ALL FAIL TO SEE
Re: Title of Haile Selassie *LINK*

FAIR USE NOTICE:
This site may at times contain copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner. We are making such material available in our efforts to advance understanding of environmental, political, human rights, economic, democracy, scientific, and social justice issues, etc. We believe this constitutes a 'fair use' of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law. If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond 'fair use', you must obtain permission from the copyright owner.
For more information go to: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml

Copyright © 2003-2014 RastafariSpeaks.com & AfricaSpeaks.com