HomepageHowcomyoucomRaceandHistoryRootsWomenTrinicenter
Homepage
Rastafari Speaks Archive
Buy Books
ARCHIVE HOMEMESSAGE BOARDREASONING FORUMARTICLESNEWS WEBLOG

Read Only : Rastafari Speaks Reasoning Archives

Rastafari Speaks Archive 1

Re: Title of Haile Selassie
In Response To: Re: Title of Haile Selassie ()

i didn't mean for that to come off as harsh. i am coming from a perspective that Ayinde articulated in another thread where he said that Rastafari, outside the context of the diasporan Black experience in the Carribean can take some very strange manifestations that are not necessarily tied to the original foundational reasons for the Rastafari movement. i was reacting because i do not know how a European from Italy can be saying, with any kind of authority what the foundation of Rastafari is in this time. it just seemed really out of context and odd.

the basis for my assertion that "They were dealing with nature and know thyself" is based on what I have learned from Carribean Rastafari people, and that includes ones such as Ras Marcus on this board. i give much more credit to the internal and collective process and livity of these original Rastafari people in the development of the movement than i do to any doctrine such as the EOC's.

Messages In This Thread

Title of Haile Selassie
i forgot to add:
Re: i forgot to add:
WHAT WE ALL FAIL TO SEE
Re: WHAT WE ALL FAIL TO SEE
Re: WHAT WE ALL FAIL TO SEE
Re: Title of Haile Selassie *LINK*

FAIR USE NOTICE:
This site may at times contain copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner. We are making such material available in our efforts to advance understanding of environmental, political, human rights, economic, democracy, scientific, and social justice issues, etc. We believe this constitutes a 'fair use' of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law. If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond 'fair use', you must obtain permission from the copyright owner.
For more information go to: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml

Copyright © 2003-2014 RastafariSpeaks.com & AfricaSpeaks.com