HomepageHowcomyoucomRaceandHistoryRootsWomenTrinicenter
Homepage
Rastafari Speaks Archive
Buy Books
ARCHIVE HOMEMESSAGE BOARDREASONING FORUMARTICLESNEWS WEBLOG

Read Only : Rastafari Speaks Reasoning Archives

Rastafari Speaks Archive 1

Realities In Ethiopia, Past, Present and Future

If we as Restafari People, are to leave a great foundation of knowful, Wiseful and Iverstandful, as a guideline for the following generation, to proceed with, in the great struggle for the liberation of African people everywhere, we just have to be honest about the practical realities, which have taken place, in Ethiopia in the past, what is taking place now, and what is anticipated to take place in the future, based on circumstancial evidence which is staring us in our faces.

Based on what we have read in history, before Ras Makonnen was born, and even when he was a child or there about, there were very bad things taking place in Ethiopia, which caused disunity, as a result of one class or Tribe of people, downpressing another Tribe, and which would result in tentions and Tribal wars from time to time. As time goes by and Ras Makonnen grow up, and became a leader of his peole under King Menelik, they established Diplomatic relationship with many European Countries, and at the same time worked hard, to try to make many social changes in Ethiopia, in order to make life better, for the Ethiopian people in general. With industrial experts from these various countries, they were able to established many social amenities which did not exist before. Ras Makonnen even built an hospital, which I think was sold to the French people after he died, which I consider to be a shame.

Ras Makonnen did the best which he could, in carring out the mission, which he was given to do, by the powersof this great universe, and then pass the baton, to his beloved son, Ras Tafari Makonnen, who walked in the foot steps of his beloved father, by continuing, to work hard to make things better, for the people of Ethiopia, by expanding the social, cultural and economic amenities across Ethiopia, and by establishing schools and appropriate governmental structures, in order to improve the living conditions of his people, as they lived from day to day. To be very honest and be very truthful, Ras Tafari Makonnen, was also able to carry out his mission and has done well for his people during his period of time, which he spent on his throne and as leader of the Ethiopian people. We can write as many songs and poems as we wish to write about Ras Tafari Makonnen, and we can sing his praises as long as the sun and the moon endureth because he has fulfilled his mission, and have written so many proverbs of wiseful, in so many books like unto King Solomon of old, which he left for us to use as a guideline to to the ways of life.

From what we have read in International news, there was a Violent Revolution in Ethiopia in 1974, and it was rumoured that Ras Tafari Makonnen was killed in that Revolution, that is about thirty years ago. Since that time, the Mengistu government was over thrown in another Revolution in the year 1991, and a new government was established which is still in existance even as we speak, and which I think is headed by Meles Zanawi. Now they have again have an election quite recently, and again it has caused much disunity, with many people jailed, and many people killed I am told. Now all of this has been taking place, for over thirty years, and since that time, Ras Tafari Makonnen has not spoken on
these practical realities, which have been and is still taking place in Ethiopia. I do think that an honest debate or reasoning is highly necessary, among Rastafari people, so that we can rationalize these manifestations, and place the following generation, in the best position to lead and teach, the best knowledge with honesty, as we live from day to day. Rastafari has been a great physical representative of HAILE I SELLASSE I, and is to be praised for his good works which he has done for African people everywhere for ever and ever. It is also very good to know, that HAILE I SELLASSSE I, is the POWER and might of the Iyla Trinity, and is everywhere upon the face of this earth, as we live from day to day. Anywhere upon the face of this earth, where we can go, we will find the great power and might of the Trinity, active in actions inside of each of us, as we are used as his representatives.

From what I have learnt, the palace was and is being used these days, for recreational services, including being used for cateering, for the Bob Marley birthday show, which took place in Ethiopia a few months ago. In reality, for the past thirty years, Ras Tafari Makonnen have not given any new speeches, he has not been traveling any where, there is no new photographs of him visiting anywhere, in any magazines are any books, and he has not been seen walking in the streets of Ethiopia for the past thirty years. This I do think is an important subject for honest reasoning among all Rastafari people everywhere. It would be useful, for you to give this reasoning some some deep thinking, before you start your resistance. Shouting for a few fire, will not help to take us to that great mountain of honesty.
Again I send many oceans of blessings and self determination to African people everywhere.
ONE BLACK HEART ONE BLACK LOVE
Baba Ras Marcus

Messages In This Thread

Realities In Ethiopia, Past, Present and Future
Re: Realities In Ethiopia, Past, Present and Futur *NM* *LINK*
Re: Realities In Ethiopia, Past, Present and Futur
Adding the Positive
Re: Adding the Positive
Not In Flesh?
Re: Not In Flesh?
Re: Not In Flesh?
I APOLOGIZE
Blessed...Selah *NM*
Re: Adding the Truth
Ethiopian colonial expansion
Ras Marcus Question
Re: Ras Marcus Question
Re: Ras Marcus Question

FAIR USE NOTICE:
This site may at times contain copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner. We are making such material available in our efforts to advance understanding of environmental, political, human rights, economic, democracy, scientific, and social justice issues, etc. We believe this constitutes a 'fair use' of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law. If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond 'fair use', you must obtain permission from the copyright owner.
For more information go to: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml

Copyright © 2003-2014 RastafariSpeaks.com & AfricaSpeaks.com