HomepageHowcomyoucomRaceandHistoryRootsWomenTrinicenter
Homepage
Rastafari Speaks Archive
Buy Books
ARCHIVE HOMEMESSAGE BOARDREASONING FORUMARTICLESNEWS WEBLOG

Read Only : Rastafari Speaks Reasoning Archives

Rastafari Speaks Archive 1

Re: Just as de gaulle said
In Response To: Re: Just as de gaulle said ()

greetings 360 ,
regardin what you say on your first lines i think you are right , in the sense that every man has his own experience and see life trought his own eyes . This is true for one livin side by side , figure out between an australian an a brasilian !!
But my thougts on this is that wasn't really a rastafarian issue . i mean we could talk about this even if we were not rastafari . it is from a larger scale view , a general reasoning.

you seh :
It is with the black Carribean experience that Rastafari is foundationally rooted - when this context is removed, there are many strange turns that the "faith" can take that in many instances can in fact contradict and work AGAINST the interests of the Africans in the diaspora seeking for self-determination and repatriation.

1 question that come to mi mind sincerely , where do you see in what i sayd things that contradict and work against the intersr of .....

cause i see no contradiction on none of the rastafari issue , but then again i see this as a general issue .

i overstand better your point now ,

"I have a responsibility to overstand and not ASSUME that hatred is the underlying cause - but a need to rectify deep seated issues that need to be rooted out in order for justice(and as an effect, peace) to cover the earth. "

i think i agree here 100% ,

yahman , peace to you ,

mo'love

Messages In This Thread

Just as de gaulle said

FAIR USE NOTICE:
This site may at times contain copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner. We are making such material available in our efforts to advance understanding of environmental, political, human rights, economic, democracy, scientific, and social justice issues, etc. We believe this constitutes a 'fair use' of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law. If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond 'fair use', you must obtain permission from the copyright owner.
For more information go to: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml

Copyright © 2003-2014 RastafariSpeaks.com & AfricaSpeaks.com