HomepageHowcomyoucomRaceandHistoryRootsWomenTrinicenter
Homepage
Rastafari Speaks Archive
Buy Books
ARCHIVE HOMEMESSAGE BOARDREASONING FORUMARTICLESNEWS WEBLOG

Read Only : Rastafari Speaks Reasoning Archives

Rastafari Speaks Archive 1

Re: Just as de gaulle said
In Response To: Re: Just as de gaulle said ()

greetings paul ,

"What to do? Be honest with yourself. Have a big long think. Can you honestly say that you have gotten through your life without making assumptions about people based on their colour? "

maybe we live in different time and space , for so i guess it is totally different the evironment in usa and here inna italy . i guess you are from england ?
when i grew up here there were no colored people around mi ,and no really people who talked about mi of them . maybe just because there was no issue since them weren't around , iguess.

tellin you i grew up in likkle town much miles from rome , a sort of countryside .
this to say i did not grew up ina kinda racism style like the way inna usa they grew or grow up today .
i can tell while i was gettin in my youth ( 15-16) then i met the first black boy of mi life and it was when mi parents decide to get back into rome .
of course gettin old inna rome brought to me some kind of latent tendancy to feel like the other people feel and so on , so my sentiments passed trought a lot of feelings . That eventually bring mi to take assumptions , like on every other thing in life , even on colored people .
BUT I WAS IGNORANT , seen ?

let mi tell you a little example ,
assumption on strangers here inna italy , black yellow or same whites !! , are based mostly on hungry and ignorance .
here it is , i&i live ina neighborood , lot of people from every corner of the earth , inna italy we got boats of poor people arrivin everyday from , albania , greece , tunisia even turkey .
this people got no work , live as clandestine ,only some of them receive a card that permit him to stay and work , and many of them go to the tuff road , meanin they a go steal , they a go kidnappin , they a go kill ...
this because there is no work even for i&i the people itlians . So the people inna neighvborogh since do not know who throw their hungry they trhrow it to them strangers . This the beginning of racism ....

for women , let tir tis apart , cause here there is sayd : women = b***

i KNOW this not true , EVEN if my experience take mi to that conclusion .
i KNOW women are Mothers of Iration , seen ?
and no 10.000 b**** can make me change what i know .

when you say exhchange of ideas can bring things hard to take , yes it is very true .
seem like what i sayd was hard to take .
and i overstand WHY a black could say and think such things .
Because of experience .

the thing i wanted to transmit was :
no generalization on whites , blacks , women , strangers , etc....
but with a sense of knowing that is not like that , cause otherwise will be without sense .

aight ,

mo'love

Messages In This Thread

Just as de gaulle said

FAIR USE NOTICE:
This site may at times contain copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner. We are making such material available in our efforts to advance understanding of environmental, political, human rights, economic, democracy, scientific, and social justice issues, etc. We believe this constitutes a 'fair use' of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law. If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond 'fair use', you must obtain permission from the copyright owner.
For more information go to: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml

Copyright © 2003-2014 RastafariSpeaks.com & AfricaSpeaks.com