HomepageHowcomyoucomRaceandHistoryRootsWomenTrinicenter
Homepage
Rastafari Speaks Archive
Buy Books
ARCHIVE HOMEMESSAGE BOARDREASONING FORUMARTICLESNEWS WEBLOG

Read Only : Rastafari Speaks Reasoning Archives

Rastafari Speaks Archive 1

Re: Zimbabwe: Speedily regularise informal sector

You said: “I am concerned about Zimbabwe's Rastafarian population, and here you are going on about the Carribean one.” (sic)

I rather suspect you do not understand what you read. Let someone read my response to you again and see if they get what you implied here.

You are misguided in my view. I have already stated that I know some who are opposed to Mugabe who make quite legitimate arguments.

I am also saying you are not like that.

You attempt to demonize and you use the same rhetoric the whites use. You once or twice used the term peasant in an attempt to demean someone, totally unconscious that someone who claims to be Rasta is supposed to be more in tune with peasants. The first two lengthy reasonings we had gave quite a bit of evidence of where you are in time.

So I do not believe that you care about Rastafarians in Zimbabwe. I feel you found a group you can possibly lord over.

“knee-jerk mentality”?

You discovered us using ‘knee-jerk’ on this board but you never really got how to apply it. Since then you have used it often and badly. Apart from which I do not believe that any sane person would qualify my responses as ‘knee-jerk’, by any correct interpretation of the phrase. When you are co-opting a phrase try to get the context of its use.

Your contradictory positions spell of distortions in your agenda.

Masimba Musodza also said:

"It would be best to leave African causes to African people.

Zimbabwean causes are also best left to Zimbabwean people. "

http://www.rastafarispeaks.com/cgi-bin/forum/archive1/config.pl?read=48983

But if you really believed this then why are you trying to sell your story to Diasporan Africans and Whites?

Why did you choose to push this Zimbabwe debate on this board that was not even debating anything about Zimbabwe at the time you joined?

Why did you not present the history of the Zimbabwe crisis so that Diasporan Africans who may not be aware could have some basis for interpreting what is taking place in Zimbabwe?

Instead you wanted to be believed because you claim to be from Zimbabwe. You speak an African language so you claim to have superior African knowledge.

Given that you are not presenting anything new, you can continue with your agenda and when I have the time I will respond to some of it. Remember, I have to pay attention to other parts of Africa and the rest of the world as I have always done. I do not want to devote more of my time than is necessary responding to you, so carry on.

Messages In This Thread

Zimbabwe: Speedily regularise informal sector *LINK*
Re: Zimbabwe: Speedily regularise informal sector *LINK*
Mugabe orders army to rebuild shanty homes *LINK*

FAIR USE NOTICE:
This site may at times contain copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner. We are making such material available in our efforts to advance understanding of environmental, political, human rights, economic, democracy, scientific, and social justice issues, etc. We believe this constitutes a 'fair use' of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law. If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond 'fair use', you must obtain permission from the copyright owner.
For more information go to: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml

Copyright © 2003-2014 RastafariSpeaks.com & AfricaSpeaks.com