HomepageHowcomyoucomRaceandHistoryRootsWomenTrinicenter
Homepage
Rastafari Speaks Archive
Buy Books
ARCHIVE HOMEMESSAGE BOARDREASONING FORUMARTICLESNEWS WEBLOG

Read Only : Rastafari Speaks Reasoning Archives

Rastafari Speaks Archive 1

Re: Zimbabwe: Speedily regularise informal sector

I am concerned about Zimbabwe's Rastafarian population, and here you are going on about the Carribean one.

We cannot ignore Mugabe's tyranny when talking about Rastafarians in Zimbabwe. This man has spoken against Rastafarians many times, which is why I am always shocked at the esteem he is held outside Zimbabwe. It's like a German Jew in the 1930s visiting Engalnd to find that Hitler is well-regarded by the Jewish community there. Or an Iraqi Kurd finding out that his kin love Saddam in Turkey.

Long before the present problems started, Rastafarians in Zimbabwe have had to put up with brutality, marginalisation, every violation of our human rights imaginable. I am in the process of building a website, the first pages should be up by Friday so you may be able to see what I am talking about. ( It is starting on a free site, maybe geocities, but the search key words would be Ophir ( Biblical name for Zim), Zimbabwe Rastafari.

I reject as misguided this knee-jerk mentality that anyone opposing Mugabe must be doing so because they are in league with the various forces in the West. As long as you think like that ( like the two legs bad, four legs good credo of the sheep in Animal Farm) you will always have problems seeing things for what they are, and end up plunging in to delusions.

Of course, the government is not the only anti-Rastafarian organisation, but they are the ones with the guns and prisons and the dogs and batons etc.

Messages In This Thread

Zimbabwe: Speedily regularise informal sector *LINK*
Re: Zimbabwe: Speedily regularise informal sector *LINK*
Mugabe orders army to rebuild shanty homes *LINK*

FAIR USE NOTICE:
This site may at times contain copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner. We are making such material available in our efforts to advance understanding of environmental, political, human rights, economic, democracy, scientific, and social justice issues, etc. We believe this constitutes a 'fair use' of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law. If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond 'fair use', you must obtain permission from the copyright owner.
For more information go to: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml

Copyright © 2003-2014 RastafariSpeaks.com & AfricaSpeaks.com