HomepageHowcomyoucomRaceandHistoryRootsWomenTrinicenter
Homepage
Rastafari Speaks Archive
Buy Books
ARCHIVE HOMEMESSAGE BOARDREASONING FORUMARTICLESNEWS WEBLOG

Read Only : Rastafari Speaks Reasoning Archives

Rastafari Speaks Archive 1

Re: Let Africa have access to international market

I don't think anyone forced them to adopt IMF policies. What happened was they were broke and IMF was going to give them money but set terms and conditions. It still boils down to mismanagement.

In your analysis of the Zimbabwean economy, have you come accross NOCZIM, GMB etc? These were once viable state monopolies. It was the way they were handled that has led to the situation we have today where the country has no grain reserves, no fuel etc. Anywhere else, this would be not be good governance, and would be reasonable grounds for demanding regime change.

Yes, a lot of Aid has been cut off, but Zimbabwe's economic collapse began years before that.

It may have also escaped your attention, but it is the cash crops that make the foreign currency that is needed by all the other sectors of the economy.

Now, can you please define elitist when applied to me by someone like yourself. Because I really believe in making opportunities available to ALL Zimbabweans.

I think privatisation would be a good thing. But I would also want to see an even platform, where there is competition, and room for the small businesses. Huge corporations, small businesses, they each have their pluses and minuses, so we would do well to make room for both. I would however want to see more Black participation in business. And, more particularly, more Rastafarian participation.

I don't think the average Zimbabwean is too concerned about the MDC's policies. People are voting for the MDC because they do not want ZANU. But at the same time, people want an environment where the MDC will go if we are not happy.

So, do you do any business with Africa? Have you put any money in the Motherland's economy?

Messages In This Thread

Let Africa have access to international markets *LINK*

FAIR USE NOTICE:
This site may at times contain copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner. We are making such material available in our efforts to advance understanding of environmental, political, human rights, economic, democracy, scientific, and social justice issues, etc. We believe this constitutes a 'fair use' of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law. If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond 'fair use', you must obtain permission from the copyright owner.
For more information go to: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml

Copyright © 2003-2014 RastafariSpeaks.com & AfricaSpeaks.com