HomepageHowcomyoucomRaceandHistoryRootsWomenTrinicenter
Homepage
Rastafari Speaks Archive
Buy Books
ARCHIVE HOMEMESSAGE BOARDREASONING FORUMARTICLESNEWS WEBLOG

Read Only : Rastafari Speaks Reasoning Archives

Rastafari Speaks Archive 1

My response Forward......the saga Itinues!.

Greetings Major R Soucy

Thank you for your response.

My short answer is that the only authority on Rastafari doctrine is Rasta people themselves, and not the Britannica Encyclopedia. There is not one text in existence which accurately reflects the total livity of Rastafari, and we are always victim to mis-representation and mis-information of various kinds. There are other "facts" in your webpage which are also not correct, such as there being no places of worship for example, but I chose not to pick on those as they are relatively harmless and errors that have no significant consequence. There are also others which I shall not mention.

The reason I highlighted the sentence: "They believe that the white race, or "Babylon," is inferior and that its members will eventually become the slaves of Rastafarians.", is because it is widely inaccurate and is actually harmful to how Rastafarians are treated by others, if they believe we think in this way.

It is no secret that Rastafarians refer to the Western world as Babylon, but rather than referring crudely to the white race as a whole, it is a comment on the predominant global systems which oppress Black people, which oppress Africa nations, which oppress Black unity and self-determination, and governments and systems which oppresses freedom, justice and equality for all. Rastas don’t believe that all white people are agents of Babylon, but we do believe that it is a pro-white, anti-black agenda which is the driving force of Babylon worldwide. Black people get caught up in Babylon’s poli-tricks also.

Also, how do you then explain the acceptance of white Rastafarians in the Twelve Tribes of Israel, if all they are to become is our slaves?
We, as African descendents, know the wickedness and horrors of slavery, which I should not even have to explain! This is what that false sentence is offensive to Rasta people, as we are not hatred people and have no desire to do to white people, what they have done to us. All we ask for is equality, justice and respect, for ALL HUMAN BEINGS. Asking for one sentence to be deleted from a webpage is a good place to start. This is a minor request, and as someone who also occasionally designs websites, I know how easy it is to do.

Thank you for your correspondence, and look forward to your reply.

Rastafari Peace and One Love,

Ras Shawn Naphtali

Messages In This Thread

Definition of Rasta from Canadian Government
Re: Definition of Rasta from Canadian Government
Correspondence from Canadian Government
My response Forward......the saga Itinues!.
Apology from Canada......but still no change!
HOW? Please Explain....! *NM*
Re: HOW? Please Explain....!
Re: HOW? Please Explain....!

FAIR USE NOTICE:
This site may at times contain copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner. We are making such material available in our efforts to advance understanding of environmental, political, human rights, economic, democracy, scientific, and social justice issues, etc. We believe this constitutes a 'fair use' of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law. If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond 'fair use', you must obtain permission from the copyright owner.
For more information go to: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml

Copyright © 2003-2014 RastafariSpeaks.com & AfricaSpeaks.com