HomepageHowcomyoucomRaceandHistoryRootsWomenTrinicenter
Homepage
Rastafari Speaks Archive
Buy Books
ARCHIVE HOMEMESSAGE BOARDREASONING FORUMARTICLESNEWS WEBLOG

Read Only : Rastafari Speaks Reasoning Archives

Rastafari Speaks Archive 1

Re: WHY DO BLACK RASTAFARIAN MEN DATE WHITE WOMEN?

To begin with, I found your usage of the word “Hard Core” (somehow) “fascinating” but somehow a misfit (but there were no hard feelings).

You wrote:

“Of course, not all Rasta males have white mates, but you agree with me MOST Rasta men who sleep with white women esteem these women, the question then becomes to who do their hold their alliance? Their white mate or their own African blackness?

I don’t think I would straight away agree with you that MOST Rasta men “who sleep with white women”, as you wrote, esteem these women -- (whatever you mean by “esteem”, or if that’s automatically supposed to be positive or negative “esteem”) -- but if you tell me so, then I suppose I would have to research and inform myself more on that issue, or if that could be true. What “alliance” are you referring to there? Is every “pure black” guy having a “pure black” partner an “alliance”, or is every “pure black” couple automatically a “heaven-on-earth” alliance? In general, how many “pure blacks”, according to you -- [whether married to “fellow pure” blacks or not, whether single or not single (however “pure” they may be)] -- hold an alliance of their own African blackness?

You wrote:

To me the black Rastas, who are supposed to build the black race, should care that other black people prefer white people to other black people. It should be a big deal for you that blacks treat whites better than they treat blacks. You should see how this hurt our group of people.

I kind of agree with you in this, but totally disagree with your way of ‘salutation’: YES, I KNOW THAT IT SHOULD BE A BIG DEAL FOR EVERY BLACK MAN -- (and even every black woman!) -- HOW BLACKS TREAT EACH OTHER, COMPARED TO THEIR RELATIONS WITH WHITES (in wider society), and I have commented before about such. Sometimes I think people lay too much stress on effects and not CAUSES, as both impact the scattered, mis-educated and powerless black community, in their (sometimes) too PERSONAL criticism of others, haughty sometimes, which I personally find strange. They seem to already know everything, waiting for the right moment to start barking directives … Stress: I DON’T THINK I NEED TO SHOW (ANYONE) THAT I HATE WHITES, OR THEIR SYSTEM IMPOSED ON US, TO BE SELF-CONSCIOUS, SELF-LOVING & a proud Afrikan, just like I don’t expect “a someone from nowhere” to tell me how I can know what makes the world tick, just like that, or exactly who hurts our Afrikan people (or how).

YOU WROTE:

“I know Congolese people in Germany who are only married to other Congolese. Their being isolated to other blacks didn’t cause them to reproduce and share life with the people who are part of a system that was and is used to oppress our people overtly and covertly. I know other blacks in Sweden, Denmark, Poland, Portugal, Turkey to name a few of these bigot countries that has a few number of black people, but they will just say loud and clear " I will not date a white man/woman, I don’t want the mother/father of my children to be white.” Because my friends know a white mate will conflict with themselves.”

YES, I had written before that: “But have you considered blacks who live in places where there are virtually no black women?”

… and I’m serious about that, no kidding! You seem to oversimplify and underrate that (perhaps because you don’t live here, anyway), or you choose to see certain things through your own Congolese eyes (I think partly because you yourself live in a land overflowing with eligible black men): indeed, you did write at one time -- I think -- that you live and are “romantically involved with a black American” ... Honestly, I don’t know -- or I’m not close -- to those “Congolese people in Germany who are only married to other Congolese” … Actually, the truth of the matter -- (just to show how paradoxical this whole debate about “pure blackness” or a demand for Afrikans in the cold countries to seek and find and then stick to those of their stock etc, can be) -- is that: Afrikans (in Europe/Germany) tend to date or marry ONLY those Afrikans from their tribe/culture/country/(and hardly another black Afrikan) -- (in that order of descent …) -- except they marry someone from an entirely non-black or non-Afrikan background (such as an African-American). In Germany, it is the same, and what I meant by there being “… virtually no black women …” HERE where I live in Germany (or at least for me) could therefore be seen as meaning -- (more or less, at least in that “African” sense) -- that there are no Zambian or no South Afrikan women for me here where I live. Indeed, this is true in the sense that there are numerically only few -- in fact less than 10 -- Zambian families (or Zambian students) that live within a radius of about 250km of where I live. This is true! There are many Congolese, Nigerians, Ghanaians, yes, but what should one do -- (beyond the usual “Hello” and being mere platonic or superficial friends with them) -- when they appear to only want to stick to themselves, or date and mate only with each other? … Or what, when other numerous Afrikan nationals here have that particular STRICT tribal/national mindset? In my adult life, I have seen Afrikans fight over “their” women, white women, any women, money, over everything etc, with fellow black Afrikans, right here in Europe! So, to me, some things sound good only as clichés, on paper, whereas the reality out HERE is different, and when most people see themselves as personally locked in a social battle for own economic survival (but nothing more)…

I can tell you, Bantu Kelani, that many (if not MOST!!) black women -- just like the men -- I have known here in Europe (and elsewhere) don’t give a damn about “Black Power”, or “Race Pride”, or “Afrikan Liberation” … Some are just too dumb to understand such concepts, wouldn’t even know what “White Supremacy” (used in the contemporary context) means … some are just retarded and arrested, not sophisticated, in this mental battle to survive; which seems to be the main priority of most, perhaps preceded only by money, and not at all by love for Afrika, i.e.: before anything like “race brotherhood or sisterhood” or “black Consciousness” or anything else that would universally identify the black race as a homogeneous racial entity: in the real sense!

Furthermore, I know MANY, MANY Afrikans here, including some Congolese, who are married to, or have had (or are having) relationships with, white women. In fact almost everyone seems to have a white/German girlfriend here these days (at least for those that are single and ‘pursue’ that) ... Nevertheless, I agree that there are many Congolese (women & men as well) here and that -- (I think) -- they mate or marry only each other in their Congolese group because they like it so; and so, therefore, you forgot to note that Afrikans generally stick to each other in their “national group”, detest “foreigners” in that sphere of life, wherever they live in fairly large communities anywhere in this world. I am from Zambia (and I therefore hope you now understand what I’m pointing to …). In general, all people (even within a race) are more or less like that; and so nothing’s strange!

You wrote:

“The bottom line is I stick to pure black Africans. I say pure black Africans because I love my "own" black race. I don’t even want a black man mixed with white, Asian, Indian, Arab or whoever. I want my mate BLACK, AFRICAN like me nothing against other people of color but I don’t rely on interracial dating to bring my life out of any [censored] holes. And it would be especially idiotic for me to date/marry a white man that knows not my struggle whom have never felt the sting of oppression/racism because of his sheltered existance it is really a big deal for me.”

Good for you! Of course most “pure black” people would agree with you in that, that it is a good principle for "that group", but I’ve also had a unique experience -- (i.e. the way I know myself & have grown) -- on my road to adulthood, which no-one can just walk in and dismiss as “anti-black” or whatever.

I am very pro-black & know exactly where I stand.

Messages In This Thread

WHY DO BLACK RASTAFARIAN MEN DATE WHITE WOMEN?
Re: ???
John Heinrik Clarke......
Re: John Heinrik Clarke......
THOSE WHO RAISE BLACK BOYS PERPETRATE BLK GENOCIDE *LINK*
Re: THOSE WHO RAISE BLACK BOYS PERPETRATE BLK GENO
Re: THOSE WHO RAISE BLACK BOYS PERPETRATE BLK GENO *LINK*
IS WHOOPI GOLDBERG AGAINST THE NORM
Re: IS WHOOPI GOLDBERG AGAINST THE NORM
correction
HISTORY OF WHITE FEMINIST GENOCIDE POLICYON BLACKS *LINK*
'BEAUTY QUEEN MURDERS BOYFRIEND," (COURT TV..5/31) *LINK*
Re: Karibkween, Great posts!
Re: TYPO
Re: ??!!!
Call it UN WRITTEN LAW
Re: Call it UN WRITTEN LAW
bull$&^* my queen is sittin right here!
Re:
slander ?i didnt say he was bad!
Anyone who knows BOBO , nees no proof! *NM*
live in living COLORS all the girl u kno demOurs
Can someone from Bobo Shanti house answer this
Yas , give not thy seed to molech!
Re: Call it UN WRITTEN LAW
I didnt know you could "own" livity *NM*
Re: I didnt know you could "own" livity
not to mention the bobo winder!
Re: not to mention the bobo winder!
No just show the truth!
MOST??
Ayinde...
Re: Ayinde...
Re: Good points brother Ayinde!
WATCH THE WORDSOUND!
Re: WATCH THE WORDSOUND!
Re: WATCH THE WORDSOUND!
WHY DO HARD CORE RASTA LIVE SCATTERED
Re: WHY DO HARD CORE RASTA LIVE SCATTERED
Awo! Yes I! Fire away!
Re: MACHO BULLCRAP ON PURPOSE!!!
Re:ok.now what.serious things agwaan, and this

FAIR USE NOTICE:
This site may at times contain copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner. We are making such material available in our efforts to advance understanding of environmental, political, human rights, economic, democracy, scientific, and social justice issues, etc. We believe this constitutes a 'fair use' of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law. If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond 'fair use', you must obtain permission from the copyright owner.
For more information go to: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml

Copyright © 2003-2014 RastafariSpeaks.com & AfricaSpeaks.com