HomepageHowcomyoucomRaceandHistoryRootsWomenTrinicenter
Homepage
Rastafari Speaks Archive
Buy Books
ARCHIVE HOMEMESSAGE BOARDREASONING FORUMARTICLESNEWS WEBLOG

Read Only : Rastafari Speaks Reasoning Archives

Rastafari Speaks Archive 1

Re: Confirm this for I please
In Response To: Re: Confirm this for I please ()

You are posting to Ayinde, and I am quite sure everyone associated with the company can speak for themselves. Of course most are not into computers, and are not on the Internet. We do other things, you know. There are no blind believers here. You can be as nasty as you want, but that is not my way so I cannot respond to you like that.

I am straight with you as I am with anyone else. No one should expect I to reason extensively with them without covering the key issues that affect us all. In many ways I have made that clear. People are always free to disagree and move on, and I do that all the time. But on certain issues I am quite firm for very valid reasons, as they strike at the heart of developing Black Movements. I have experienced White people using patois as a cover when dealing in Black forums on the Internet. People actually thought they were dealing with a Black person, then to discover that the person was white, and patois was not their normal pattern. I know from experience how dangerous that could be, so I have every right to be concerned about that.

This is one reason I like the veil surrounding race, color and gender to be lifted, as what usually comes out is the TRUE character of some people. It is not 'pretty' all the time. Some people see it as a blessing and some see it as a curse when they have to face challenges. Of course some feel that being pampered through these exchanges is good. I, however, do not. This board is about words, and from a Black point of view these words do not stop whites/light-skinned ones from benefiting from privileges at the expense of Blacks.

Of course your constant excuse is that someone was mean to you so you show that you can be nasty too. This one did this to you so you show you can do it worse. That is your whole 'Christian' behaviour.

It does not surprise I once more that what is behind the 'peace and love', 'love in Christ' and 'love and light' greetings is the same old conduct of unaddressed racism, and/or someone who feels they deserve special attention because they feel they are 'pretty'. I am not aware of any white-owned board or website that would tolerate a Black person conducting themselves like you. But of course this one is Black owned, and we do not pander for support, so some assume there must be something wrong. We should be needy and accommodating to abuses and deceptions.

This is the history repeating itself, which I feel all people should keep in mind when engaging anyone. To casually assume because people say 'peace and love' or that they are 'Christians', can quote extensively from the bible and/or other books means they are of sound character, is to be a victim in waiting. The abuse is bound to come, and if one is casually trusting, then they may have already been disarmed. Some 'Christians' have no problem repeating poor conduct. Jesus will save them, over and over.

You mentioned that some here are self-appointed Rastas, and you are really unaware that to be self-appointed is the only correct way to be a Rasta. How else can one be a Rasta if it is not born of their essence/self? You speak about some of us having similar views, but if the views are right and reasoned out, then that is a good thing. It is not the unreasoned blind beliefs of Christianity. It is about individuals reasoning out the best positions to advance on. So of course we will agree after extensive reasoning. Like any right thinking Black movement and company in a hostile environment, we do not publicly share everything with strangers. Our legal and moral strategies to ensure that unsavoury characters do not destabilize developing Black projects are quite sound. Don't expect I to divulge much there or the private aspects of others either. We know what is at stake when working together for a common good.

You have no problem supporting and encouraging others who pretend they know it all from a Christian viewpoint. Ten million Christians shouting that they believe in Jesus is not seen as brainwashing to you. But if you see a group of people on this Black oriented website, under Black leadership, with general agreement on these Black issues, then there must be something wrong. As if people should not unite from a black point of view. This is a challenge for some, but in my view, people can only really unite from a BLACK point of view. Where have you seen anyone who is associated here support anything without reasoning out their case? Where have you seen us just post to big-up each other? I am sure others out there, including whites, can see similar Black truths from their own vantage points and be quite in order. It should not be surprising that we can easily agree on these race and history issues, as it is what we do. It's not that difficult. We reason out these things and no one makes demands. Why would you expect to see us fighting and disagreeing on things we reason all the time? Why would you expect others (including whites) not to support my views, or any other Black points of view? Why should whites or anyone come to a Black movement and websites except to learn and develop the Black perspective? You may have observed that others see the importance in FURTHER developing a pro-Black focus when they engage here, and why should that be troubling you? What damage has that caused you?

Our values are drawn from what we experience, research, and reason on an ongoing basis, and what we think is the best of all our indigenous values. It is not any one ethnic form, be it Egyptian or any other African based religion. This allows us to easily identify with myriad African cultures, and 'non-African' ones too. It is quite in order with Rasta. It is the reason people from different African cultures work well with us, and use us as a link to other things. There are people from many aspects of African cultures involved here. You cannot show how that is a bad thing. The ongoing reasoning and research that is posted on the net is testimony to mental freedom as I am sure you see that many do their own research and write to contribute to expanding knowledge. How is that a bad thing, unless the idea of us doing is troubling, and you feel it is a threat to Christianity?

It appears that behind the lip service some do not want to see people unite from a Black point of view.

Anyhow, I have seen once more what lies below the 'peace and love' and 'love and light' Christian façade, and it is not 'pretty'.

Messages In This Thread

God the father, God the son... *LINK*
Re: God the father, God the son...
Confirm this for I please *LINK*
AYINDE! CONFIRM DIS!!
Re: AYINDE! CONFIRM DIS!!
Re: AYINDE! CONFIRM DIS!!
MI GOT ONE FI YUH FIYAH
Re: MI GOT ONE FI YUH FIYAH
Re: MI GOT ONE FI YUH FIYAH

FAIR USE NOTICE:
This site may at times contain copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner. We are making such material available in our efforts to advance understanding of environmental, political, human rights, economic, democracy, scientific, and social justice issues, etc. We believe this constitutes a 'fair use' of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law. If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond 'fair use', you must obtain permission from the copyright owner.
For more information go to: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml

Copyright © 2003-2014 RastafariSpeaks.com & AfricaSpeaks.com