HomepageHowcomyoucomRaceandHistoryRootsWomenTrinicenter
Homepage
Rastafari Speaks Archive
Buy Books
ARCHIVE HOMEMESSAGE BOARDREASONING FORUMARTICLESNEWS WEBLOG

Read Only : Rastafari Speaks Reasoning Archives

Rastafari Speaks Archive 1

Re: Confirm this for I please
In Response To: Re: Confirm this for I please ()

This part of your response, "I DONT CARE...", says it all.

There is no reason to respond to the OBVIOUS lies in your response. I have enough experience with that 'Christian' way; lies, slander, murder and mayhem, all done in the name of one book and its illusive main character, Jesus Christ.

If people choose to leave the board because they find some of the reasonings troubling, that is their right. Similarly, I am sure some may have left because of your posts. That will not stop us from presenting the issues and concerns that we think are important. I am not into a popularity contest. It is not like we are invading anyone's space to share views, or using their place or Website for an unintended purpose. And I cannot be troubled by the antics of disgruntled ones who feel that we should appease them. Calling the names of others in an attempt to get a coalition of the weak (not willing) to engage this debate is a common White/Bush type tactic.

Look at your conduct on this thread. You do this crap all the time. You act/react worse than most, claiming they got you vexed or give any number of excuses for your behaviour, like you can step out of the 'Christian' façade anytime it suits you. In this case 'well you did it first so it's ok if I do'. You do not have to worry about your behaviour. Why must you when Jesus will take care of that for you. You make it clear why many claim to be Christians. With that kind of 'Christian logic' it also becomes apparent the need to witness/evangelize (try to convert others). They cannot stand on their own or discern truths in varied contexts. They would need all the support they can get to generate short-lived feel-good moments.

Also for the record, there was a link for one of the two photo albums on this board for quite some time. The direct link to the Photo Album was removed from the top of this board when the Rastafari Interactive site, with its album, recently went up. The album spelled out what people should do if they wanted their photos included. Several people submitted photos.

Of course, what I write is the truth according to Ayinde, as what I write are MY opinions. My opinions are shaped from my understanding of world history, people, and of course my self, and not any one book. If people agree or benefit from them that is quite good. If they disagree, then cool. I do not have to pander to anyone, or smear anyone, to garner support for my views. I feel the truth can stand the test of time.

My posts do not suggest that I am even remotely against people speaking patois. I am specifically dealing with how you post in formal English elsewhere and post in patois on this board, added to the fact that in my view you are ‘white'. You are quite at home among your white peers, writing to some people in formal English off this board. Of course like any white person, or even near white, you want to claim a relationship with some things you clearly do not understand, so much so that you want to dismiss the depth of issues surrounding Racism and Colourism, among other ills, as if they are unimportant. But you are not Black, and as far as I know you are unable to empathize with many of these Black issues. Of course I don't feel there are many dark-skinned Blacks on these sites, so the lighter-skin and white ones can easily give a false impression of what issues are important, and the direction of this site.

I am not debating your experiences with racism and these other ills. I have had my say on most of that a long time now, and you never struck I as someone who was fearful to give your views. You could have shared your experiences any time back then (if you did not). All but one of the lengthy reasonings that took place on this board addressing racism and colourism are in the public archives for any who care to re-evaluate for themselves.

Racism and colourism are played out on casual observation, not based on a detailed analysis of the history of anyone. I don't believe that you or others do not understand that point. I think it is dishonest to not appreciate that fact. But of course you are a Christian.

The obvious lies that you told about views I expressed on other threads give further reason for my disbelief in anything you say. You don't have to try to convince I of anything. In my view you are not respectful of black history and the issues that I think are very important. As a matter of fact, it is my view that no one can be spiritual in a way to effect any significant change in themselves and the wider society if they are not conscious of most of the primary issues we here engage. Reasoning on racism, colourism, gender biases, class biases and so many more ills are primary moves towards orienting one's self. Understanding the players involved in destabilizing Black communities and working to offer redress from there, is serving humanity from the point of the people most affected by the system. All of this is basic stuff I feel people should be conscious of before any significant spiritual moves can take place.

Of course, these are my views, and they will not be found spelt out in a Christian book. You should also be aware by now that I do not throw around clichés or quote any one book to support what I am saying here. I am of the view that with time, a fair understanding of history, and reasonings, people can realize what I am saying is quite correct.

Messages In This Thread

God the father, God the son... *LINK*
Re: God the father, God the son...
Confirm this for I please *LINK*
AYINDE! CONFIRM DIS!!
Re: AYINDE! CONFIRM DIS!!
Re: AYINDE! CONFIRM DIS!!
MI GOT ONE FI YUH FIYAH
Re: MI GOT ONE FI YUH FIYAH
Re: MI GOT ONE FI YUH FIYAH

FAIR USE NOTICE:
This site may at times contain copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner. We are making such material available in our efforts to advance understanding of environmental, political, human rights, economic, democracy, scientific, and social justice issues, etc. We believe this constitutes a 'fair use' of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law. If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond 'fair use', you must obtain permission from the copyright owner.
For more information go to: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml

Copyright © 2003-2014 RastafariSpeaks.com & AfricaSpeaks.com