HomepageHowcomyoucomRaceandHistoryRootsWomenTrinicenter
Homepage
Rastafari Speaks Archive
Buy Books
ARCHIVE HOMEMESSAGE BOARDREASONING FORUMARTICLESNEWS WEBLOG

Read Only : Rastafari Speaks Reasoning Archives

Rastafari Speaks Archive 1

Re: We Must Become Responsible And Help Ourselves

I think my replies/questions to your posts were quite clear brother Ayinde, directly connected to your statement, but if you don’t think so I apologize for the confusion.. Anyhow, I concur with most of your assessment, and of course I don’t expect Diasporians to bear the ultimate responsibility for development and security from the shoulders of continentals, but Blacks in the Diaspora trace their origin in Africa, so they should at least not turn their back in the other direction, away form the solidarity with Africa that is the central theme of Afrocentrism and Pan-Africanism. Due to Diaspora nationalism the black world doesn't care about the suffering of Congo people, or any people of Africa. But if only the diverse people of the nations of the black Diaspora could provide more universal empathy I am sure black continentals nations would stop fighting amongst themselves and begin to realize their full potential before I leave this earth, and I would be the happiest woman in the world..

Of course Diasporians are bitter for the past injustices, many of their ancestors were kidnapped by Europeans and some were sold as social miscreants or criminals by tribal cheiftains and African rulers, but what should drives us Africans to unite is a transformational politics with great seriousness to fight Euro-US oppressors, AIDS, poverty, wars, etc... I'm not being purposely antagonist here, I just would like to give you a broader understanding of where I'm coming from as a continental African.

B.K

Messages In This Thread

We Must Become Responsible And Help Ourselves

FAIR USE NOTICE:
This site may at times contain copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner. We are making such material available in our efforts to advance understanding of environmental, political, human rights, economic, democracy, scientific, and social justice issues, etc. We believe this constitutes a 'fair use' of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law. If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond 'fair use', you must obtain permission from the copyright owner.
For more information go to: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml

Copyright © 2003-2014 RastafariSpeaks.com & AfricaSpeaks.com