HomepageHowcomyoucomRaceandHistoryRootsWomenTrinicenter
Homepage
Rastafari Speaks Archive
Buy Books
ARCHIVE HOMEMESSAGE BOARDREASONING FORUMARTICLESNEWS WEBLOG

Read Only : Rastafari Speaks Reasoning Archives

Rastafari Speaks Archive 1

Re: Ethiopian Christianity
In Response To: Re: Ethiopian Christianity ()

19 TOTAL "ALLIANCES" W/ EUROPE, SEVERAL OF THESE ARE TANTAMOUNT to honorary type "degrees," and/or honors bestowed upon him. Upon further research I am confident that i can find several other african leaders that have been bestowed similar "titles."

iyah:
"I do not overs why it is of such an importance to neglect the fact that Haile Selassie I and other Emperors of Abyssinia/Ethiopia had ties to Europe and elsewhere through orders of nobility."
------------------------

i certailnly have not stated that there were no ties b/n urope and ethiopia. you have listed sverla dozens of "orders." in your research. i have counted 19 that have to do w/ urope, and all of those arent a relationship tied solely to "nobility." Many of these ties are with asian, african and latin countries-are these ties due to nobility also-or are they honorary titles bestowed from one head of state to another.

yan:
"What I am really trying to establish here, are the ancient links between the Ethiopian monarchy, nobility and Europe. This is of course in the midst of the continuing oppression of the other indigenous non-Christian groups that also existed in Ethiopia. In light of this, it should really be of no surprise to anyone that Selassie was involved in European-type Masonic lodges as it was part of a long history of recognition of this Christian monarchy by Europe for centuries. Ethiopia was used by European Christian crusaders to put an ancient spin on their own political agenda and certainly the Ethiopian monarchies appeared to have little problem with this agenda either."

----
european type masonic lodges-now that sounds like a bit of a stretch to me. i am not tryibg to distort what the sister is saying-just questiong her words-WHAT MASONIC LODGE WAS HIM A PART OF? It looks like varios organizarions bestowed honors upon him, quite similar to honorary degrees. Ray Charles has a doctorate from my alama mater Wilberforce University-but he didnt ever attend one class there. Until anyone verifies statements like this: "Ethiopia was used by European Christian crusaders to put an ancient spin on their own political agenda and certainly the Ethiopian monarchies appeared to have little problem with this agenda either"

i will view it as nothing but propganda...

_______
1 Royal Victorian Chain (30.10.1930). , Knt. of the Orders of the Annunziata of Italy

2 1928), Golden Lion of the House of Nassau of Luxembourg (25.5.1924),

3 Elephant of Denmark (x.11.1954), Seraphim of Sweden (10.6.1924, collar 15.11.1954)

4 Benedict of Aviz and St James of the Sword of Portugal,

5 Pius IX of the Vatican (1970

6 GC of the Orders of the Legion of Honour of France (16.5.1924, GO 1918),

7 the Crown of Italy (1917), HIM WAS NOT ON THE CROWN YET

8 Leopold of Belgium (mil.) (22.5.1924)HIM WAS NOT ON THE CROWN YET

9 Redeemer of Greece (19.8.1924), HIM WAS NOT ON THE CROWN YET

10 Loyalty and Merit of Portugal (1925)HIM WAS NOT ON THE CROWN YET

11 Willem (3.11.1954) and the Netherlands Lion (7.10.1930),

12 Polonia Restituta of Poland (30.10.1930)

13 St Olav of Norway with collar (22.3.1949)
Carlos III of Spain with collar

14 the White Rose of Finland with collar

15 the Grand Star of the Decoration of Honour for Merit of Austria (1954)

16 and the Orders of the White Lion 1st class with collar (mil) of Czechoslovakia,

17 the Yugoslavian Grand Star (21.7.1954),

18 Dr Hons causa Univs of Oxford, Cambridge, Athens and Moscow,

19 Hon. Fellow SOAS, London Univ. m. (first) Woizero Altaye

Messages In This Thread

Ethiopian Christianity
Re: Half-Truths
Re: Ethiopian Christianity *LINK*

FAIR USE NOTICE:
This site may at times contain copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner. We are making such material available in our efforts to advance understanding of environmental, political, human rights, economic, democracy, scientific, and social justice issues, etc. We believe this constitutes a 'fair use' of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law. If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond 'fair use', you must obtain permission from the copyright owner.
For more information go to: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml

Copyright © 2003-2014 RastafariSpeaks.com & AfricaSpeaks.com