Homepage
Rastafari Speaks Archive
Buy Books
ARCHIVE HOMEMESSAGE BOARDREASONING FORUMARTICLESNEWS WEBLOG

Read Only : Rastafari Speaks Reasoning Archives

Rastafari Speaks Archive 1

Re: BIGGG UPP TO THE QUIZ SELASSIELIVE

Iziz!

I believe that it has also been recorded that Kkkristopher KKKolumbus who landed on the turtle island named so by the Arawak and Tainos now commonly referred to as Hispaniola (Haiti/Ayiti and the Dominican Republic) brought African slaves with him on the Santa Maria, Nina, and the Pinta. There were black shipmates on those ships however their role may be in doubt because at the time even though it seems that AFrican indentured or slaves were common in that part of mediterenean Europe (coincidently also where the Moors conquered!) and it is also speculated that in his journals KKKolumbus mentioned that the folks he found on these islands were "black". This man had been trying to go to Asia to find spices and ended up on the other side with folks that he came to call Indians. He also may have been inclined to call anyone with darker than creamy white skin black. However, in They Came Before Columbus Ivan Van Sertima asserts clearly that there were African maritime folks who trecked the Atlantic and came into the archepelego now refered to as the Caribbean long before the KKKolumbus voyage.

I have also read a reference to the door in the Lost Books of the Bible and The Forgotten Books of Eden. Still, I can see why goree and the posts in various parts of West Africa would be referred to as that. In 1512 there were African maroons in Hispaniola (little Spain) who ran to the mountains and integrated with the indigenous and they formed a new group of people that Jean Jacques Dessalines' descendant has mentioned in his writings.

I find it very interesting indeed that the first slave ship known to carry slaves was called Jesus!

Thanks for the Irits and the food for thought.

blessings.

Messages In This Thread

another Quiz
Re: another Quiz
THE SS JEESUS OF LUBECK
BIGGG UPP TO THE QUIZ SELASSIELIVE
Lets Remember....
Re: another Quiz *LINK*
Slavery Timeline *LINK*

FAIR USE NOTICE:
This site may at times contain copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner. We are making such material available in our efforts to advance understanding of environmental, political, human rights, economic, democracy, scientific, and social justice issues, etc. We believe this constitutes a 'fair use' of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law. If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond 'fair use', you must obtain permission from the copyright owner.
For more information go to: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml

Copyright © 2003-2014 RastafariSpeaks.com & AfricaSpeaks.com