Read Only : Rastafari Speaks Reasoning Archives

Rastafari Speaks Archive 1

Selassie I defends the Ethiopian Orthodox Faith *LINK*

Taken from The Autobiography of Emperor Haile Sellassie I
page 176, where Haile Selassie speeks about the Orthodox Faith,
in the oath he tooks as King of Ethiopia:

"That we should strengthen the orthodox faith which had remained
steadfast in Ethiopia from the days of the holy king Abreha and Asbeha
and that War should keep, without disturbance, the laws and ordances which Church has
laid down."

The Orthodox Faith of Ethiopia Defends :

Our Church has received and teaches the faith which was formulated at Nicaea. In the Creed or in the name of Nicaea she makes known her faith after this fashion:
We believe in one God, in the Lord the Father, who holds the whole world, omnipotent, who created everything visible and invisible in heaven and in earth (Gen. 1, 20; Neh. 9. Rom. 1.20).
We believe in our Lord Jesus Christ, the one Son of the Father, who was with Him before the Creation of the world. Light begotten of Light, True God begotten of True God, not created. He is equal with the Father. There is nothing in heaven and earth which exists without Him. Mt. 3,17, In 1. 1,4.

For us and for the salvation of men He came down from heaven; by the operation of the Holy Spirit He put on flesh of the holy Virgin Mary and became man. In the time of Pontius Pilate He was crucified for us, suffered and died and was buried, and on the third day He was separated from the dead and rose, and with glory He ascended to heaven and sat on the right hand of His Father, and He shall come again in honour and glory that He may judge the living and the dead, and there is no finish, no end of His Kingdom. Mat. 1: 20,21; I Pet. 3. 18; Phil. 2. 6,8; Rom. 5. 8; Cor. 15. 3,4; 1 Pet. 3. 19,20.

And we believe in the Holy Spirit, the Lord who saves, Hc who proceeds from the Father; together with the Father and the Son we worship Him, we honor Him, we glorify Him. Jn. v. 3, 4; Jn. xv. 26.

And we believe in one Holy church, which is over all, the assembly and congregation of the Apostles, Eph. ii. 19, 20,22.

And we believe in one Baptism, that it was given for the forgiveness of sin. Eph. 4. 3,6; Ps. 32. 1,2; Eph. 1. 6.

And believing in the resurrection of the dead, we hope for everlasting life to come. Jn. 5. 285,29; 1 Cor. 15. 22,24; Jn. 10. 27, 28 ( The Teaching of the Abyssinian Church ) .

The dogmas we believe are contained in this symbol of the Faith. No one has any right to add to or take from it. Other dogmas are contained in the dogmatic definitions of the Third Council in Ephesus which declared that Christ is one in hypostasis, perfect God and perfect man, is the Son of God, without a mother on the higher plane, and the Son of His Mother without a father on the lower. His ever-Virgin Mother is properly and truly called the Mother of God, as having properly and truly given birth in the flesh to God the Logos.

Messages In This Thread

Selassie I defends the Ethiopian Orthodox Faith *LINK*
Haile Selassie on the Aposle Paul
Haile Selassie I on Christianity in Ethiopia
Re: Selassie I defends the Ethiopian Orthodox Fait
THE ETHIOPIAN ORTHODOX PRIEST NOT CHRIST LIKE *NM*
Re: THE ETHIOPIAN ORTHODOX PRIEST NOT CHRIST LIKE
Question still UNANSWERED
no need to get hostile.........
as the same way Iyesus wid Jewish faith *NM*
Re: as the same way Iyesus wid Jewish faith
Iyah...HE HAVE DI RIGHT TO POST!
Re: Iyah...HE HAVE DI RIGHT TO POST!

FAIR USE NOTICE:
This site may at times contain copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner. We are making such material available in our efforts to advance understanding of environmental, political, human rights, economic, democracy, scientific, and social justice issues, etc. We believe this constitutes a 'fair use' of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law. If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond 'fair use', you must obtain permission from the copyright owner.
For more information go to: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml

Copyright © 2003-2014 RastafariSpeaks.com & AfricaSpeaks.com