HomepageHowcomyoucomRaceandHistoryRootsWomenTrinicenter
Homepage
Rastafari Speaks Archive
Buy Books
ARCHIVE HOMEMESSAGE BOARDREASONING FORUMARTICLESNEWS WEBLOG

Read Only : Rastafari Speaks Reasoning Archives

Rastafari Speaks Archive 1

Re: All Kings of Ethiopia were Called Lion of Juda

[[[* I am only responding this one time to you. IMO you are failing to take into consideration the CONTEXT of the modern emergence of Rastafari. IMO African people of the Diaspora in Jamaica were in the unique position to sight the Emporer Haile Selassie in the way that they did, at the time that they did, for the reasons they did - when one takes THAT into consideration there is no other BUT Haile Selassie. ]]]

Greetings: you can not pick and chose the parts you want to believe, Yes Haile Selassie I has a great significance to the plight of Africans in the Diaspora, But that does not make him God or Savior. You have to look at the Whole history of Haile Selassie and FOLLOW ALL His Words and SPEECHES of what he told the people. He is more like John who came to BEAR WITNESS Of the LIGHT but he was not the LIGHT. Haile Selassie I from day 1 to the end of his Life told US who that LIGHT is and Told Us that He was not that Light.

How come none from Haile Selassie I innner circle spoke of Haile Selassie I being the Christ, don't you think that at least he would tell the "truth" the those Ethiopians in his inner circle. We only Hear What Haile Selassie I said PUBLICLY about WHo is Is, a MAN and NOT Christ. Why would he say anything diffently in private. When asked Jesus Christ never lied about his Divinity.

Give us the FULL teachings of His Majesty not the selective parts.

Words of Haile Selassie I :
"It is quite true that there is no perfection in humanity. From time to time we make mistakes, we do commit sins but even as we do that, deep in Our hearts as Christains we know we have forgivness from the Almighty. He taught Us all who seek Him shall Find Him. To live in this Healthy Life, a Christain Life, is what makes Me follow Jesus Christ."

"For Christian people no day is as glorious and as joyous as the day on which they commemorate the Nativity of Our Savior Jesus Christ. On this day each one of Us tries to forget his worries and his anxieties and endeavours to alleviate those of his loved ones and friends, and to forgive those who have wronged Him, so as only to mediate on the life of Him who is Supreme Lord in All."

Messages In This Thread

All Kings of Ethiopia were Called Lion of Judah
Did Haile Selassie Follow an ITAL Diet ?
Re: Did Haile Selassie Follow an ITAL Diet ?

FAIR USE NOTICE:
This site may at times contain copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner. We are making such material available in our efforts to advance understanding of environmental, political, human rights, economic, democracy, scientific, and social justice issues, etc. We believe this constitutes a 'fair use' of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law. If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond 'fair use', you must obtain permission from the copyright owner.
For more information go to: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml

Copyright © 2003-2014 RastafariSpeaks.com & AfricaSpeaks.com