HomepageHowcomyoucomRaceandHistoryRootsWomenTrinicenter
Homepage
Rastafari Speaks Archive
Buy Books
ARCHIVE HOMEMESSAGE BOARDREASONING FORUMARTICLESNEWS WEBLOG

Read Only : Rastafari Speaks Reasoning Archives

Rastafari Speaks Archive 1

Re: "Racial interbreeding"
In Response To: Re: "Racial interbreeding" ()

Ras Marcus

True I'm not God, but with all due respect neither are you. You make reference to my "slave-trading ancestors". How can you know that my particular ancestors were slave-traders? But even if they were, that is no reflection on me, for no son is responsible for his father's crimes.
You adopt a position that could be called racial fundamentalism. That is, you see "race" as fundamental to a person's identity. I think more in terms of individuals (though I do not deny the importance of group identity). Do you deny that the human species originated in Africa? Do you also deny that present-day non-African "races" are descended from Africans?. The very concept of "race" partly contributed to the atrocities that were committed against Africans. This concept of "race" allowed European slave-traders to think of Africans as "other", and as somehow less than human.
Unfortunately there is a tendency among humans to be greedy and power-hungry. The only reason Europeans were able to conquer so much of the world is because they had firearms. If Africans (or anyone else) had had access to the same technology, can it be guaranteed that they wouldn't have done the same? This is a human problem, not specifically a European problem.
Do you think children of mixed "race" shouldn't exist? Bob Marley, one of the greatest Rastafarian spokesmen, was half white. Do you think he should never have existed? Selassie himself was a light-skinned man with a narrow nose and thin lips. How could that have happened unless Blacks from that part of Africa had interbred with lighter-skinned people (probably from North Africa or the Middle East)?
You say that I have no right to tell Blacks that they shouldn't restrict their mating to their own "race". I'm not saying that. I'm saying that it's up to Blacks as INDIVIDUALS to decide for themselves. It is you who are dictating to them what they should and shouldn't do.
Why do you see "racial interbreeding" as an obstacle to world peace? Personally I think it would be better if the different "races" interbreed until there are no more discernable "racial" differences left. At least then people would have one less reason to oppress and kill each other.

Messages In This Thread

Let us admit that there is a color competition
Both sides of the issue
Re: Both sides of the issue
Some black people think that whites are the Gods.
"Racial interbreeding"
Re: Some black people think that whites are the Go
Re: Let us admit that there is a color competition
Rasta Burn Competition
Re: Rasta Burn Competition
Re: Rasta Burn Competition
Color Make a Great Difference in Everything
Re: Color Make a Great Difference in Everything

FAIR USE NOTICE:
This site may at times contain copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner. We are making such material available in our efforts to advance understanding of environmental, political, human rights, economic, democracy, scientific, and social justice issues, etc. We believe this constitutes a 'fair use' of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law. If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond 'fair use', you must obtain permission from the copyright owner.
For more information go to: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml

Copyright © 2003-2014 RastafariSpeaks.com & AfricaSpeaks.com