HomepageHowcomyoucomRaceandHistoryRootsWomenTrinicenter
Homepage
Rastafari Speaks Archive
Buy Books
ARCHIVE HOMEMESSAGE BOARDREASONING FORUMARTICLESNEWS WEBLOG

Read Only : Rastafari Speaks Reasoning Archives

Rastafari Speaks Archive 1

Re: Rasta and the Caribbean
In Response To: Rasta and the Caribbean ()

Greetings Kristine
I agree that Rastafari livity goes forward further than Jamaica and the Caribbean. Rastafari is a natural livity based on natural laws of Iration. Many people since the beginning of time trodded Rastafari livity. People just called it by different names. In the 20th century, this natural livity was revealed to InI as Rastafari through His Imperial Majesty Haile Selassie I.

Dreadlocks, ganja, Ital, truths and rights, etc..has been here long before the physical manifestation of Ras Tafari Makennon. Many say Rastafari from Iration, yet have a problem when ones speak of the existance of Rastafari livity prior to His Majesty in flesh.

This to I is like ones who like to say that ancient Christ(ian) livity, which is Rastafari livity began with the dispensation of Iyesus yebranu alem. Meta-physically speaking this is not true in my opinion. Iyesus was a way that the livity was revealed and identified by the people at that time. The same goes for Rastafari Haile Selassie I in this time.

In JA, in the time of colonialism, black people saw Rastafari as a way to shake off the shackles of downpression of Britian (Urope). This was done by denouncing the ways of the downpressors and going back to the natural laws of truths and rights as was done by InI forefathers and foremothers on Mama Afrika and abroad.

It is true that ones want to shape Rastafari to suit their needs. Rastafari is resistance against imperialism and downpression. Who feels it knows it.

It is impossible to denounce the root and be able to bear fruits.

Ones try to 'hijack' Rastafari but they cant because the livity has been here before them and will be here after they are gone.

It is up to InI to maintain the course. "Our liberty is meaningless unless all Afrikans are free."

Peace
selassieilive

Messages In This Thread

Rasta and the Caribbean
"Any Time Now"- Sizzla Kalonji
Black Mother
Mabrak by Bongo Jerry

FAIR USE NOTICE:
This site may at times contain copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner. We are making such material available in our efforts to advance understanding of environmental, political, human rights, economic, democracy, scientific, and social justice issues, etc. We believe this constitutes a 'fair use' of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law. If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond 'fair use', you must obtain permission from the copyright owner.
For more information go to: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml

Copyright © 2003-2014 RastafariSpeaks.com & AfricaSpeaks.com