Rastafari Speaks Archive
Buy Books
ARCHIVE HOMEMESSAGE BOARDREASONING FORUMARTICLESNEWS WEBLOG

Read Only : Rastafari Speaks Reasoning Archives

Rastafari Speaks Archive 1

Re: Tourism Leads Job-Creation Charge

Greetings Ayinde,

got me cold there.

i must have been feeling particularly optimistic about my fellow human beings when i typed that, because you are absolutely right in what you said!

What I should have said was....

To create some kind of sustainable tourist industry that isnt totally dengrating (or theatrical) for the local folk you are best of aiming for those tourist that are looking for an 'authentic' cultural experience. They are out there, they have money, and it is a way of redistributing some of the wealth from one part of the world to another, albeit in a trickle, hence the reference to the example of Bhutan.

Apologies for the sloppy reasoning....

and thanks for bringing it to my attention,

love and life
paul

p.s.

and in a total aside, how did the school etc fare after all of the storms in your neck of the woods?

Messages In This Thread

Tourism Leads Job-Creation Charge

FAIR USE NOTICE:
This site may at times contain copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner. We are making such material available in our efforts to advance understanding of environmental, political, human rights, economic, democracy, scientific, and social justice issues, etc. We believe this constitutes a 'fair use' of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law. If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond 'fair use', you must obtain permission from the copyright owner.
For more information go to: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml

Copyright © 2003-2014 RastafariSpeaks.com & AfricaSpeaks.com