HomepageHowcomyoucomRaceandHistoryRootsWomenTrinicenter
Homepage
Rastafari Speaks Archive
Buy Books
ARCHIVE HOMEMESSAGE BOARDREASONING FORUMARTICLESNEWS WEBLOG

Read Only : Rastafari Speaks Reasoning Archives

Rastafari Speaks Archive 1

Re: MUGABE THE LIBERATOR? ASK THE NDEBELE PEOPLE.

Greetings!

Quote: “As for comparing Haile Selassie to Mugabe, that is just insulting to His Imperial Majesty and I will not say an more on that.”

I wonder where that was gotten from and why it has to be in a reply to my post … (or allow me to ask: Who compared Selassie to Mugabe?) …

If anyone has noticed, I DELIBERATELY desist from directly engaging in Rastafarian issues vis-à-vis His Imperial Majesty, even if I know myself to be Rastaman, LOVE AND UNDERSTAND Reggae music and have metre-long dreadlocks … Because I know such issues’ potential for inciting misunderstanding and deliberate castigation. Indeed, I experienced that on many Internet forums before, since 1998 when I first made it a habit to surf through cyberspace and learn from other people’s postings, but even to teach people. I know that were I to start engaging in Rasta issues directly, I would experience the same here, despite the fact that other people – whether they love Reggae or not, whether they are really Rasta or simply claim to be – can have a free ticket to tell others what is Rastafarian and what is not. My approach is different, but it rounds up to the same destination, in the long run.

But I really don’t need anyone to give me any practical lessons about Rasta, at least not via the Internet, where anyone can write or claim anything, quote anyone’s ideas and pass them round as their own … I am fully aware of all such things, and so you won’t see me comparing Selassie to Mugabe; you won’t see me discussing Selassie in detail, either!

So, because I don’t need anyone to call me a Rastaman here, on this forum, I choose to be seen simply as an Afrikan patriot and a warrior!

Messages In This Thread

MUGABE THE LIBERATOR? ASK THE NDEBELE PEOPLE.
It's been 300,000yrs.since dih Ishango Bone!!! *NM*
How is it different?
Re: How is it different?

FAIR USE NOTICE:
This site may at times contain copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner. We are making such material available in our efforts to advance understanding of environmental, political, human rights, economic, democracy, scientific, and social justice issues, etc. We believe this constitutes a 'fair use' of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law. If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond 'fair use', you must obtain permission from the copyright owner.
For more information go to: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml

Copyright © 2003-2014 RastafariSpeaks.com & AfricaSpeaks.com