HomepageHowcomyoucomRaceandHistoryRootsWomenTrinicenter
Homepage
Rastafari Speaks Archive
Buy Books
ARCHIVE HOMEMESSAGE BOARDREASONING FORUMARTICLESNEWS WEBLOG

Read Only : Rastafari Speaks Reasoning Archives

Rastafari Speaks Archive 1

Re: The True Cause of The Early Rastafari Movement

Greetings and much respect Fyahman, it is a very good thing you did, when you responded in this manner, because you are helping me, to turn the pages of my memories, so that others can be edified. Bongo Stone was one with whom I have worked in the struggle, we have ascended up into the great mountian of Iyasies so many times, Stennette Kerr Combs was a printer by his profession, who wrote this great book I am no Slave, and was always showing it to us, and talking about what was done to him, by the British Government, for speaking against slave trading activities. He was a man of great Ideas, but one who was not supported by his people, but he was always involved in anything which is related to the liberation of African people, and was very frustrated, concerning the conditions, under which our African people were living everywhere. Very tall slim brother with a priestly beard, always wearing this straw hat upon his head, a great African patriot. In his final days, he was always visiting us at Mark Lane and East Queen Street, where along with Ras Historian, we were running The United Vendors Association, which was an organization, which defended and protected the rights of ordinary African people, who had the guts, and self determination, to break away from being just domestic servants, and became great business people, who lined all the streets of the Cities of Jamaica, selling their goods, which they travelled abroad and brought back into the country.

The last time I saw Kerr Combs, was probable early in 1989, or there about, when he came to Mark Lane to see us, as he always did. There are so many people who were doing great works for African people, who were inspired by the great internal teacher inside of us, that I am not authorised to single out any individuals, as anyone to be worshiped, I just cannot do that. We were all and still are African patriots, who were given missions to be carried out, and we did as we were instructed, by the great powers of this Universe to do. However, if their are people in this world, who believe that their mission is to worship a brother are a sister, then they can
go ahead, and be at peace with the Creator, who ever, or whatever they concieved him to be. But they must expect that there are going to be people, who do not share their conceptions, and there need to be no contention, since belief is not really knowledge, then people have the right to believe, until the day comes when it is proven whether they are right or wrong.

Mother Mushet and Bag a Wire, were elders of the city, who would normally be teased, and called names by children and others, it was said that Mother Mushette used to be a teacher, and you are right they said that Bag a Wire, used to be Marcus Garvey's Driver, when you shouted his name Bag a Wire, he usually just point his finger at you and go about his peaceful business, never ever saying a word, or even acted as if he was not even annoyed. I do not know if it is true that he drove for Marcus Garvey, but it has been said that he pointed out Marcus Garvey to some enemies, and that is why he was still pointing his finger whenever you shout Bab a Wire, I was not around in those days, so I am only telling you what other people said. But I did know Bag a Wire.

Before Jah Loydd became Jah Loydd, he was Loydd Young, son of Doris Young, who I think was once Mayor of Kinston or member of the Parish Council. We along with Kieth and Donald Jackson, who were brothers to Phillip Jackson, Radio Personallity, did a 45 recording together, which was called Zionia, Donald Jackson later was coverted to Bobo Shanti, maybe he is still there I do not know, it has been more than 3o years since that took place. Then indeed there was Augustos Pablo, but I also think there was a Pablo Moses, who played that small Key board, which was called the harmonica I think, anyway, who ever it was, that person played that instrument on one of my recordings at Aquarious Records, by Half Tree Road in front of the park. I think Herman was the one who runs that Studio and record shop.

All of the people who you make mention of here I consider to be African patriots, who have contribuited in one way are another, to the consciousness, and advancement of African people and their struggle, Africa for Africans those at home and those abroad, and I can remenmber working with them in someway or the other. Ras Shadrack, who may still be living on the university of West Indies Campus, who used to run the Church Triumphyant of the Rastafari movement, was the person who introduced me to Ras Daniel Hartman, who was among the greatest Artists, which have traditioned inside the Rastafari movement. He appeared among us, about that period of time, when the University of the West Indies, had to intervene and acted as a mediator, between the Government of Jamaica, and the Rastafari movement, as a result of continuous brutalities, harrassments, and false imprisonment which were being handed our to Rastafari people. I will talk about the harrassment another time, but Ras Daniel Hartman, did some exellent pieces of Art works, and I think his works are available to be seen in any art gallery, which can deal with very serious radical Art works, representing the glorious causes of African people. Jah Loydd was also a great Artist, he could take a plain piece of cloth and make it into a very colorful piece of material. Those Red Gold and Green out fit which he generally wears was created by him.

I do give thanks and praise, to the great powers of this universe, for sending among us all these African patriots, who have built cultural, social, and liberation bridges, upon which so many people all over the world are walking today, and are still shouting Africa for the Africans those at home and those abroad. To tell you all the truth, this is just a very small fraction, of the various African patriots, whose names were mentioned, but it would be a very good thing, if we should mention their names from time to time, like Ras Fire, who killed the Police dog, who was called Rex, when they set that dog on him, who would ever remember some one like that, but it was a headline in the News paper in those early days, I do not have much information on that, but I can remember we were talking about it in our gates back then.

So there again if the sea was ink, and the sky was paper, I still would not be able to write about all the things, which took place in the early days up until now. So my praises and thanks giving, is to all our African patriots, who have made their great sacrifices, to uphold this great liberation struggle for African people everywhere. Africa for Africans those at home and those abroad.
Again I send many oceans of blessings and self determination to African people everywhere.
ONE BLACK LOVE ONE BLACK HEART.
Baba Ras Marcus.

Messages In This Thread

The True Cause of The Early Rastafari Movement.
Re: GIVE THANKS FOR THE TRUTH *NM*
PROPHET MARCUS MOSIAH GARVEY BROUGHT THE VISION *N *NM*
Re: PROPHET MARCUS MOSIAH GARVEY BROUGHT THE VISIO
Re: PROPHET MARCUS MOSIAH GARVEY BROUGHT THE VISIO
BETTER TO STAND IN LOVE THAN FALL IN LOVE.
PROVERBS10:18&19
Re: PROVERBS10:18&19
VERY INTERESTING RESPONSE.
Re: VERY INTERESTING RESPONSE.
Re: Light Skin Ruling Ethiopian Elite
Ethiopian Elite need more proof?
Re: Ethiopian Elite need more proof?
Re: Nuer, Anuak and Shilluk *LINK*
Re: Haile Selassie: Sudan Peace Process *NM*
the true cause of the rastafarI movement

FAIR USE NOTICE:
This site may at times contain copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner. We are making such material available in our efforts to advance understanding of environmental, political, human rights, economic, democracy, scientific, and social justice issues, etc. We believe this constitutes a 'fair use' of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law. If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond 'fair use', you must obtain permission from the copyright owner.
For more information go to: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml

Copyright © 2003-2014 RastafariSpeaks.com & AfricaSpeaks.com