Homepage
Rastafari Speaks Archive
Buy Books
ARCHIVE HOMEMESSAGE BOARDREASONING FORUMARTICLESNEWS WEBLOG

Read Only : Rastafari Speaks Reasoning Archives

Rastafari Speaks Archive 1

Re: The True Cause of The Early Rastafari Movement

Iziz!

I thank you for starting this discussion about the causes of the RastafarI movement. I have real issues with us in the Diaspora telling the Africans about themselves. I feel that the learned elders in Abyssinia knew of the coming of their saviour in the form of HIM. Makonnen and Yeshimabet went through hell to be together and produce HIM. She died in childbirth while he was still only 2 years old. While his early years may have seem normal and paradise compared to that of the majority of the millions of Abyssinians it was still very special because he grew stronger and healther and lived to fulfill his destiny. This was to lead Abyssinia the only corner of Africa or Alkebulan that had not been colonized and entrapped by white (jew)Europeans. In addition, HIM and the Empress worked to rename Abyssinia and take on the more appropriate Ethiopia as the biblical reference to Africa. HIM's commitment to destroying feudalism and his success in doing it produced the Dergues who went on to topple him. In do doing HIM and the empress fostered equality amongst all of the people in Ethiopia a great example for the entire continent and it's children in the diaspora.

WHY HAVE NO AFRICAN APPOLOGIZED FOR SLAVERY? WHY HAVE THEY NOT EVER MADE AMENDS OR COMMITED TO LONG TERM DISCUSSIONS ABOUT HOW TO PREVENT THE SELL AND TRADE OF THEIR OWN FLESH AND BLODD EVER AGAIN?!

I believe that HIM made some of the best gestures towards INI in the Old diaspora by giving INI Shashamane and acknowledging our roles that's all of InI in the Caribbean JA, Trinidad, Barbados, Haiti etc..who supported Ethiopia during its crisis against the Italians and the African Americans and Black Europeans.

When Marcus Garvey stated that InI should look to the east for the messiah I believe that he was referencing the biblical event and prophecy that was realized in the crowning of HIM on 11/2/1930. HIM became popular with blacks in the diaspora because he fostered that by visiting and giving INI our hearing in the court of African disdain and disapproval for being the children of slaves. Marcus Garvey fought for us to be able to sit at that table even though we had been sold and rejected by the continent and our cousins there.

In the 1920s and 1930s life was harsh for most blacks in the diaspora. Many were still living under colonial rule as in Jamaica and other parts of the Caribbean. In the US blacks were moving out of the South into northern cities and that created a new need. The prosperity that was promised did not materialized so we saw many new movements such as the one led by Father Divine and Marcus Garvey who travelled to the US primarily to learn from his hero and Dubois' nemesis -----------was looking for a way for INI to trod forward either in physical time back to the country of our ancestors or to experience prosperity in the so-called new world. Ethiopia responded to much of these needs and fulfilled a biblical prophecy. the millions of blacks from various parts of the black world who lived in New York City primarily the Upper Manhattan area/Harlem followed him and heeded his call because he spoke a message that was true and embraced black identity for all that it was. More than anyone else, Marcus Garvey spearheaded the recognition of HIM as or spiritual leader and messiah because he was a direct biological descendent of DAvid and who was going to be crowned Emperor. The world must have been an exciting place to live in then and I hope that INI rastas or Garveyites and other black folks work to continue those works.

Akymanah, I thank you a million times for your comments. I feel that self hatred pushes many of INI to cop out and invite white folks into our homes by adopting the amnesia stance. Black skin Africans more than anyone on EARTH right now deserve their own space. After WWWII some jews ran away and formed their own spaces and did not mix with others and dedicated themselves to studying so they could understand what happenned to them. Let's not talk about the KKKreation of the state of Israel. White and near white skin priviledge is seductive. They can do anything and get anything. The whole world is their playground. I see it and I experience it everyday and waking moment of my life. As a headwrapping dreadlock I have experienced the worse of it. The whole homeless look thing that keeps babywrong's gates locked down against INI is so depressing and it can pust some to accept the unacceptable. Just because they throw out some crumbs does not mean that we should let down our guards. They did it before and they continue to do it again and again. Whites and their immediate cousins the browns yellows reds and near white skin folks who mix with us willingly should not be thought of as some kind of freedom fighters or non racist. This is bogus when HIM coined the phrase so long as the color a man's skin could be held against him (I'm paraphrasing) well he was referring to black folks and I resent the misinterpretation and misuse of this quote by self hating blacks and rastas who want to sell INI out. I am apalled by this so-called liberal and integrationist approach. It is promoted by a few powerful ones who have been given the scent of white and near white priviledge with jobs or money and other goodies from babywrong and they want to do their job and police the rest of us. It's wrong and corrupt and I say fire burn! You sell outs. White folks and the different ethnic groups that they represent e.g.; Greek, Italian, Polish etc..are the last people who should be allowed to have their own neighborhoods and social networks! They have to kill their racist ways once and for all through serious study and by doing works. I grew up in brooklyn, New York and we could not even go to Italian Bensenhurst. When I visited a co worker there she had to walk me to the bus stop 'coz the cugines came out with their arms calling out the n word and making mean faces!! I still see that in an urban setting in Miami where we are not allowed. Moreover, it's the reaction of the Negros who work to police INI so that they can secure their position as watchdog for massah. I hate them and I know that they will burn in hell.

We have to decolonize and we have to adopt a more revolutionary attitude that frees us once and for all in all ways. When they build a time machine that returns and undoes slavery and all that it destroys than I will have no problems until then no thank you. All they can do for me is to treat me like I deserve to be treated as a human being. They have not worked hard enough to appologize for their wrongs nor have they learned from those mistakes. Many still behave as if slavery was the best thing to happen for them and for blacks. I'll never forget the comment made by Lisa Marie Presley when Diane Sawyer asked her about Michael Jackson's skin bleaching. She said that he saw that something was wrong and he wanted to fix it! What was wrong with his skin, he had pimples he needed to change his diet but dark skin black skin and tightly curled hair are nice and pretty just like theirs. I was shocked that no black leader or spokesperson made any statements about that. Nor did Diane Sawyer follow up with any questions to clarify or explain that statement. These are just the aesthetic parts of racism and they are often used to keep INI locked out of babywrong even though we pay taxes and live by the rule of law.

Don't give up don't give in. We are right to keep fighting for the truth. Africa for Africans at home and abroad. Black folks need to learn to live together in peace and harmony. White presence will only foster disunity and disharmony as it always had.

Blessed peace. and Akymanah stay strong and keep spitting the truth.

Messages In This Thread

The True Cause of The Early Rastafari Movement.
Re: GIVE THANKS FOR THE TRUTH *NM*
PROPHET MARCUS MOSIAH GARVEY BROUGHT THE VISION *N *NM*
Re: PROPHET MARCUS MOSIAH GARVEY BROUGHT THE VISIO
Re: PROPHET MARCUS MOSIAH GARVEY BROUGHT THE VISIO
BETTER TO STAND IN LOVE THAN FALL IN LOVE.
PROVERBS10:18&19
Re: PROVERBS10:18&19
VERY INTERESTING RESPONSE.
Re: VERY INTERESTING RESPONSE.
Re: Light Skin Ruling Ethiopian Elite
Ethiopian Elite need more proof?
Re: Ethiopian Elite need more proof?
Re: Nuer, Anuak and Shilluk *LINK*
Re: Haile Selassie: Sudan Peace Process *NM*
the true cause of the rastafarI movement

FAIR USE NOTICE:
This site may at times contain copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner. We are making such material available in our efforts to advance understanding of environmental, political, human rights, economic, democracy, scientific, and social justice issues, etc. We believe this constitutes a 'fair use' of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law. If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond 'fair use', you must obtain permission from the copyright owner.
For more information go to: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml

Copyright © 2003-2014 RastafariSpeaks.com & AfricaSpeaks.com