HomepageHowcomyoucomRaceandHistoryRootsWomenTrinicenter
Homepage
Rastafari Speaks Archive
Buy Books
ARCHIVE HOMEMESSAGE BOARDREASONING FORUMARTICLESNEWS WEBLOG

Read Only : Rastafari Speaks Reasoning Archives

Rastafari Speaks Archive 1

Re: Meanwhile, in Zimbabwe
In Response To: Re: Meanwhile, in Zimbabwe ()

I am going to be charitable and let the insults you heaped on me slide, as you were at pains to point out
that your vitriol is not personal.

"It’s not"

1. Now why would I post such articles? Coz I hate Mugabe? Coz I am up for sale to whites? Coz I
want to drive a Benz?

No, the reason I do this is to show people like you that all is not black & white in Zimbabwe. It is not a
case of a Black Nationalist leader fighting gallantly in the face of Western imperialism.

"That’s exactly what it is dispite any wrong turns Mugabe, may have taken"

Nor does my opposition to Mugabe mean that I would like to see the US send troops over.

"That’s exactly what you’re going to get if you let them divide you ."

Believe it or not, I will fight the US troops with the same passion that I will Mugabe's tyranny.

"I believe you, but your odds of not being defeated, tortured and raped will be much higher if you stood
as a united People"

Nothing is more sickening than to have someone who wasn't there chirp that Mugabe was elected.
Those were not free and fair elections, I was there.

"The elections were fair–as far as those kind of things go.. The only entities claiming they weren’t are
Dissidents like you, the British and the U.S. Besides, what kind of elections would you have had 25
years ago?"

Mugabe is no different from that Bush person you have in your country, the fact that they don't get
along does not mean that when I say I do not like one I like the other. Difference is Bush takes his war
elsewhere, Iraq etc, while Mugabe's war is against his own people.

"And that’s a hell of a gotdamned difference. If people want to be so stupid as to kill among eachother
and destroy their own standard of living, that’s on them. What I hate is a foreign Occupier. Your Proof
though, that the Elder is waging war on his people. I know what civil war is. I know what an oppressive
regime is. And the existence of the DMC, and them rags you post from on here tells me Mugabe’s
Zimbabwe don’t fit the bill."

I have known no other regime except Mugabe

"I thought you were young. Young people just don’t understand or appreciate. We got black people
over here(U.S.) making movies with denigrating jokes about MLK.jr, and Rosa Parks, and other
(young)blacks laughing like slit-eyed hyenas."

. . I have seen the man decline, from someone we would throng the streets to wave and cheer on to
someone who has to send in thugs to round up people from their homes to attend rallies

" You aint seen that Elder decline. What you seen was a process. The reason you loved him so much
before was because the west loved him. The reason they loved him was because he wasn’t doing what
he fought that war for. You hate him now because the West hates him. The reason they hate him is
because he is through buckdancing and waiting on them to do what they promised to do-- which was
to help him carry out land reform smoothly and painlessly as possible. After 20 years He finally figured
out they had no intentions of letting him do land reform. That’s the process you’ve witnessed in your
short, precious life"

I have ssen himself develop delusions about himself and about the situation.

" You know, when I have people on my job talking about me and undermining me, I start getting
defensive and having delusions about myself and the situation. Imagine the effect on a Womanbeing
when you have all the powers on earth talking about you and trying to undermine you. Ask Fidel
Castro, Chavez, Saddam, –the list goes on and on. All these guys ever tried to do was better the lives
of the majority of their people. Spread the wealth. If you are the fearless, strong willed type who is
going to grab a gun and go to the trenches against godzilla, of course you are going to dig in and clamp
down after you win a war when you see all you have fought for being undermined by outside forces,
and all you have gained being lost. None of these guys would be Dictators, and strongmen, if they
weren’t defending their visions for their people against outside forces. You would be still loving Mugabe
if he didn’t have to defend his revolution from the Beast."

I have seen his regime target businessmen and farmers, black and white, to get their wealth. I have
seen the future taken from us, a country literally turning in to hell.

" I gave you in the last post my oppinion on why your Country is going to hell. Of course if you want to make a
deal with the beast, you could soon be the breadbasket of Africa again–and I don't fault
anybody for wanting to eat and live well. But it won’t be no future in it for your children, because
sooner or later the beast is going call in it’s chips. He’s going to take what’s yours and he’s going to
wipe you off the face of the earth to do it.You Africans, keep on letting the beast give you shots, grow
your food, and build your infrastructural. His payment is Aids, Ebola, and ownership of you and your
Nation.

You, personally,( I’m guessing you are Mulatto, and among your Nation’s elite class. No insult
intended. Just like to know if I’m wrong or right) are going to do all right from a deal with the beast, but
aint no future for your kids and the majority of Zimbabweans, in it."

I am not saying I want to see white people take cahrge.

"What do you think 3000 people owning 70% of the wealth of a Nation is, if it isn’t being in charge?"

No, I am saying that Mugabe did a good job in freeing the country, thank you very much, but he is now
undoing all he did. What is the point of that?

" Again , it’s easy for me to yap because I’m not the one facing the hardship that your people are facing.
Believe me, I understand and respect your concern for your Nation. I ask you, however to think
deeper. Maybe you don’t like his style, or things he has done–maybe even to you or your family,
personally,-- but the question is: is Mugabe doing the right thing for the future of Zimbabwe, or not?
Forget personalities and self. What would you do if you do if you were leader of Zimbabwe? Would you
continue to allow 2% of the people–black or white–own all the wealth of your Nation? People who’s
alliegience are not even to your Nation but to outside interests?"

No, Africa does not gerontocrats basking in by-gone glories and achievements. We want human rights,
we want dignity, security.

"What kind of Human rights did you have 25 years ago...and did those 3000 white farmers and the
West give you the rights, security and dignity you have today, or did Mugabe, and other Ancestors rip them from their
grasping hands for you through warfare? Answer this one please. "

We don't want handouts from anyone out there, we want to make our own money.

"Then, why are you opposing Mugabe?"

Your attitude, my friend does not help me and it does not help you

"I wasn’t trying to help you, and I don’t happen to need help at the moment. You see, I’m not the type
who feels everything is about me. I think outside of myself most of the time which is why I do so much
yapping about things that really don’t concern me. I know no Zimbabwean is wasting typing time talking

about my situation in the U.S. But still, we are who we be, in this world. "

Let's talk some more.

Selam

" Peace to you, and I pray you and your Country, will get through this with a better, more
prosperous future.
But I’m suggesting you be careful of being a force for division in your Nation. Mugabe, can’t live forever,
but if you let that beast divide you and use you to destroy yourselves, he will come in and oppress you
forever. Fight Mugabe, if you must, After you first stand with him to make your Country united and
strong enough to support itself, and defend itself against all outside forces. I, for example am
ideologically and spiritually opposed to most AA, leaders, but I would never opposed them in a time
of trouble with outside forces, unless they are unjust aggressors–I don’t care how much our views
clash. I will only oppose those AA leaders, who unite with such forces.
Seen? "

Messages In This Thread

Meanwhile, in Zimbabwe *LINK*
Good Observation! *NM*
Re: Meanwhile, in Zimbabwe *LINK*
Re: Meanwhile, in Zimbabwe *LINK*
EMPTY RHETORIC! *NM*

FAIR USE NOTICE:
This site may at times contain copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner. We are making such material available in our efforts to advance understanding of environmental, political, human rights, economic, democracy, scientific, and social justice issues, etc. We believe this constitutes a 'fair use' of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law. If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond 'fair use', you must obtain permission from the copyright owner.
For more information go to: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml

Copyright © 2003-2014 RastafariSpeaks.com & AfricaSpeaks.com