HomepageHowcomyoucomRaceandHistoryRootsWomenTrinicenter
Homepage
Rastafari Speaks Archive
Buy Books
ARCHIVE HOMEMESSAGE BOARDREASONING FORUMARTICLESNEWS WEBLOG

Read Only : Rastafari Speaks Reasoning Archives

Rastafari Speaks Archive 1

Re: Meanwhile, in Zimbabwe
In Response To: Re: Meanwhile, in Zimbabwe ()

Selamte

I am going to be charitable and let the insults you heaped on me slide, as you were at pains to point out that your vitriol is not personal.

Now why would I post such articles? Coz I hate Mugabe? Coz I am up for sale to whites? Coz I want to drive a Benz?

No, the reason I do this is to show people like you that all is not black & white in Zimbabwe. It is not a case of a Black Nationalist leader fighting gallantly in the face of Western imperialism. Nor does my opposition to Mugabe mean that I would like to see the US send troops over. Believe it or not, I will fight the US troops with the same passion that I will Mugabe's tyranny.

Nothing is more sickening than to have someone who wasn't there chirp that Mugabe was elected. Those were not free and fair elections, I was there. Mugabe is no different from that Bush person you have in your country, the fact that they don't get along does not mean that when I say I do not like one I like the other. Difference is Bush takes his war elsewhere, Iraq etc, while Mugabe's war is against his own people.

I have known no other regime except Mugabe. I have seen the man decline, from someone we would throng the streets to wave and cheer on to someone who has to send in thugs to round up people from their homes to attend rallies. I have ssen himself develop delusions about himself and about the situation. I have seen his regime target businessmen and farmers, black and white, to get their wealth. I have seen the future taken from us, a country literally turning in to hell.

I am not saying I want to see white people take cahrge. No, I am saying that Mugabe did a good job in freeing the country, thank you very much, but he is now undoing all he did. What is the point of that?

No, Africa does not gerontocrats basking in by-gone glories and achievements. We want human rights, we want dignity, security. We don't want handouts from anyone out there, we want to make our own money.

Your attitude, my friend does not help me and it does not help you.

Let's talk some more.

Selam

Messages In This Thread

Meanwhile, in Zimbabwe *LINK*
Good Observation! *NM*
Re: Meanwhile, in Zimbabwe *LINK*
Re: Meanwhile, in Zimbabwe *LINK*
EMPTY RHETORIC! *NM*

FAIR USE NOTICE:
This site may at times contain copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner. We are making such material available in our efforts to advance understanding of environmental, political, human rights, economic, democracy, scientific, and social justice issues, etc. We believe this constitutes a 'fair use' of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law. If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond 'fair use', you must obtain permission from the copyright owner.
For more information go to: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml

Copyright © 2003-2014 RastafariSpeaks.com & AfricaSpeaks.com