HomepageHowcomyoucomRaceandHistoryRootsWomenTrinicenter
Homepage
Rastafari Speaks Archive
Buy Books
ARCHIVE HOMEMESSAGE BOARDREASONING FORUMARTICLESNEWS WEBLOG

Read Only : Rastafari Speaks Reasoning Archives

Rastafari Speaks Archive 1

Bantu big up Baba, Ras Marcus not kind to Bubbles

Greetings Priest Adofo. It took me a while to respond to your epistle, but I am finally trying to do so before it is delayed any further. There is much which I have to do, and my working day stars at 10 minutes to 4am right now, although this will change as the fall season approaches.
I have read your post and considered it, much improved as it relates to calmness, and expressing your self frankly, in the ways that you are thinking. I really did not find that amount of anger in this post, which I found in some others which you made.

For you to understand why there is a intellectual stalemate between the Nyabinghi House and Bobo, you would have to be aware, of what was taking place, in Akee Walk or Key Walk, between the year 1956 and 1958, I did make an attempt was to open that book, of true knowledge to you, but you become so disturbed, telling me what DADA told you, and when I mentioned to you, that Bongo Rocky would be able to verify what I said, you went on to call Bongo Rocky an hypocrite,and when I tried to mend that broken fence with you, by asking you tom apologise, internationally just the same way you abused the brothers name verbally and internationally, but you refused, so I had other things to do, so I did not share any further information on that subject, since I preffer to reason, than to argue and have a lot of back and forth words contest and contention.

It is always difficult, to understand what you really mean, when you say from time to time, the the Rastafari movemant have been fighting against brother Eddie, when indeed, the Rastafari movemant was in existance long before brother Eddie created his Bobo Shanty religion, it is just hard to follow what you mean. Rastafari people have a certain amount of codes and ethics, by which they have been living before brother Eddie adopted the Rastafari approach, with his own ways and codes and ethics. Now Bobo codes and ethics, have some kind of differences, so if the Rastafari people do not come by, and share a peace pipe at Bobo gates, it is indeed because your codes and ethics are different in some ways, from that of the Rastafari movement.

Now you spoke about the Burru drums, I am very much aware of that, there was much Burru drums playing at a place called Dunglefoot, which is that place when you walk through Mullings grass yard along Spanish Town road, or you could get there from Pitchon Street, before they built that Country bus Terminus, as it exist today, or you could get there by Salt lane or Chaple lane, some of you may know what I am talking about, anyway, brothers there would just enjoy playing the Burru drums as a sport, and they would drink and smoke and have a good time as African people. Mortimer Planner, brother Skipper, Brother Nepair and so many other brothers, used to base down there when they were younger, that is were people would go to buy a smoke too, a very popular place in the heart of West Kingston.

Then there was also the Kumina drums which was played at various places, and people would fall to the ground having no control over themselves, and people would say that they are in a trance, these things Rastafari people do not like, so if that was taking place at brother Eddie, you would expect that Rastafari people, would not want to come there, and that is very clear.

In your post, you did talk about building bridges between Rastafari people and Bobo, and that is a very good suggestion, because Africa is not just a country, it is a large continent, with various kinds of African people with various kinds of habits and attitudes, so we might as well, start building bridges among ourselves from now, so that we can help to build other bridges, when we get there. Before any bridges can be built, we would have to examine the codes and ethics of both movements, and see where the clashes were in the past, and also see where they are now,in order to see if any changes can be made, to accomodate the unity of both groups, or else, each group will have to just stay with what they have, and be respectful of each others principles, and still try to get along.

I can only give my opinion on the internet, but you all will have to make it work, I am a Iyaganic Rastafari person, I am not a part of any group for so many years, that is why I can speak my truth quietly and listen to others. In those days at Key Walk in 1958, one thing that was a very sour point, was that about a year, before the convention, some of brother Eddie followers, who had not yet adopted the Rastafari approach, had cut the bottom of the Conk shells, and was blowing them like an instrument, night and day at a certain time of the day.

It did give good loud sound, but the sound was not so much a problem to Rastafari people, at that time, the problem was that the Conk does not have any scale like a fish, and therefore was considered unclean, according to the laws of the Nazarene in the European bible, so that was also one of the reason why Rastafari people, avoided brother Eddies assemble. Now I am just trying to tell you some things which took place 50 years ago, so that you can have a basic picture of some of the things, which took place in that period of time. I hope you can take it without you trying to curse me off. I was there and I am just trying to tell you, some of the things which I remember, so that you can have a better idea, about some of the things which took place, again, Bongo Rocky will be able to varify this, if his memories are still with him, he was also there. There is also more, but if we are able to reason, then I will be willing to share.

Now we come to Bantu and Bubbles. In your post you asked if it was because Bantu had big me up, why I asked you to be reasonable with your words, and control your temper. You may not be aware of it, but Bantu is a brilliant and fearless African liberator women, and she is not afraid to challenge any issues which comes in opposition to African liberation. I and Bantu have had disagreements in earlier times on this forum, but it did not last for very long, because instead of verbal abuse, I reasoned with her and she and myself, were able to understand that we were, and are defending the same cause, Africa for Africans, those at home and those abroad.

I can remember that a few times, that I made presentations on this forum, as a result of my frankness and fearless expressions, she made a post, agreeing with what I said, and praised the manner in which I resisted, on behalf of African people, if that is what you called big up, then you yourself has also big me up, I can remember when you and Ras Howard were having your contention, and I had made a post to Ras Howard, because he had put my name up there asking me about something, and when I responded to him, you responded to me praising my response to Ras Howard or bigging me up as you call it, I think it was done twice and it would be good if administration could put it up on this forum for everyone to see, that you have also big me up as you called it.

About me not being kind to sista Bubbles, it is very difficult for me to comment on that situation until I see that post, to see who have posted it, maybe some one I do not even know, maybe some one I know. So if you can tell me where the post was made on this forum, I will be glad to read it, and see what sense I can make of it. One thing I can promise you, I will not be slandering sista Bubbles as that person tries to slader me internationally. I look forward to hearing from you about that post about sista Bubbles, and I hope the things which I have written here will be helpful to you and you organization.
Again I send many oceans of blessings and self determination.
ONE BLACK LOVE ONE BLACK HEART
Baba Ras Marcus.

Messages In This Thread

Black Male Patriarchy a Threat to Willie Lynchism *LINK*
Re: African Freedom and Male Arrogance
Re: African Freedom and Male Arrogance *LINK*
work for the return of the son to the womb! *NM*
This was written to respond to a "feminist' issue *LINK*
Re: This was written to respond to a "feminist' is
Re: This was written to respond to a "feminist' is *LINK*
Re: This was written to respond to a "feminist' is *LINK*
Re: A clarification Patriarchy, Matriarchy *LINK*
Re: A clarification Patriarchy, Matriarchy
Re: Black Male Patriarchy a Threat to Willie Lynch
Bantu big up Baba, Ras Marcus not kind to Bubbles
why dont you just beat her up...thats patriarchal *NM*
Re: why dont you just beat her up...thats patriarc
your head is surely annointed and appointed...
Re: your head is surely annointed and appointed...
Re: TO YAN AND BABA RAS MARCUS
Re:Priest Adofo
Re:Priest Adofo
studying history identifies the traps, so study *NM*
the difference between womanist and feminist? *NM*
black male patriarchy can go to heck as well....
Re: black male patriarchy can go to heck as well..
Re: black male patriarchy can go to heck as well..
The Naked Truth, With No Clothes To Cover It

FAIR USE NOTICE:
This site may at times contain copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner. We are making such material available in our efforts to advance understanding of environmental, political, human rights, economic, democracy, scientific, and social justice issues, etc. We believe this constitutes a 'fair use' of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law. If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond 'fair use', you must obtain permission from the copyright owner.
For more information go to: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml

Copyright © 2003-2014 RastafariSpeaks.com & AfricaSpeaks.com