Homepage
Rastafari Speaks Archive
Buy Books
ARCHIVE HOMEMESSAGE BOARDREASONING FORUMARTICLESNEWS WEBLOG

Read Only : Rastafari Speaks Reasoning Archives

Rastafari Speaks Archive 1

Re: Love and Madness
In Response To: Re: Love and Madness ()

Hmmm... I ain't trying to turn rastafari speaks into 'dear abby' but I wonder if between selassieilive, erzulie, and others, I might get some good advice on this ting.
You see there is a sistren I was in a relationship with recently, we are now separated by 1000s of miles and unlikely to see one another again in the very near future (i.e. at least not for a year or two)... anyway she is really, really in love with me, more than any woman I've been with before I think, she just really cannot stop thinking about me for one minute, she's having a terrible time it sounds like and I'm even getting a little worried about her. I try to write/call her and get across in as gentle a way as possible that although I do love her, I don't feel the same way about her as she does about me, and that I don't really see getting married and having youths with her as she would like. Really she needs to stop fixating on me and get on with her life, but how can I get that across to her in a way that doesn't seem too harsh and hurt her feelings? I really do love and care for this sistren a lot, but it won't do her any good to keep holding on to an illusion. I think a part of it is, she has had a very rough life, her father was murdered, her daughter's father was murdered, she was almost raped right before she met me, perhaps she wasn't used to being treated respectfully and lovingly in a relationship so she really latched on to me. Well, I wonder what you all would do in a situation like that. I posted this under this thread because it really seems like she is 'madly' in love with me.
Funnily enough I had just come out of a relationship that was almost the exact opposite (me being the one madly in love and refusing to acknowledge reality) when I stumbled into this one. Such is life.

Messages In This Thread

Love and Madness

FAIR USE NOTICE:
This site may at times contain copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner. We are making such material available in our efforts to advance understanding of environmental, political, human rights, economic, democracy, scientific, and social justice issues, etc. We believe this constitutes a 'fair use' of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law. If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond 'fair use', you must obtain permission from the copyright owner.
For more information go to: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml

Copyright © 2003-2014 RastafariSpeaks.com & AfricaSpeaks.com