Rastafari Speaks Archive
Buy Books
ARCHIVE HOMEMESSAGE BOARDREASONING FORUMARTICLESNEWS WEBLOG

Read Only : Rastafari Speaks Reasoning Archives

Rastafari Speaks Archive 1

Re: Love and Madness
In Response To: Re: Love and Madness ()

Greetings sistren
The purpose of me posting this to lighten up the mood. I thought I was a 'cute' little 'parable'. I overstand what you are saying but I think it all depends on what you define as 'madness'. If you look at madness as a physical ailment such as schizophrenia or bipolar disease, then you are correct in saying that it is irrational to think of Love in that way. But if you look at madness as being free from the illusions of the world, then I think it is appropriate in this parable. Most see madmen as being irrational in their thinking. But many times, it is the so called 'sane' person who is thinking irrationally due to their indoctrination to the illusions placed before them (i.e, the norms of society). Many think that the Rastaman is a madman, walking around with a nappy head, smoking herb, and professing a 'dead' monarch as God almighty. Dont you see how 'irrational' this seems according to the norms, and popular 'beliefs' of society?

So if madness is the removing of the veils of illusion, then it would follow love because true love has no veils, no secrets, and no illusions. True Love is a realeyesation of self and the Irator, of which every man, woman and child are reflections.

I have been called crazy, and illogical many times. I dont take it as an offense. I look at who it is coming from and overstand why they say such things. They are still in the matrix, so to speak.

PS: There was a post a few weeks ago concerning the madmen that was started by Ras Howard. You may find it of some interest.

Jah guide and Itect
selassieilive

Messages In This Thread

Love and Madness

FAIR USE NOTICE:
This site may at times contain copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner. We are making such material available in our efforts to advance understanding of environmental, political, human rights, economic, democracy, scientific, and social justice issues, etc. We believe this constitutes a 'fair use' of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law. If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond 'fair use', you must obtain permission from the copyright owner.
For more information go to: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml

Copyright © 2003-2014 RastafariSpeaks.com & AfricaSpeaks.com