HomepageHowcomyoucomRaceandHistoryRootsWomenTrinicenter
Homepage
Rastafari Speaks Archive
Buy Books
ARCHIVE HOMEMESSAGE BOARDREASONING FORUMARTICLESNEWS WEBLOG

Read Only : Rastafari Speaks Reasoning Archives

Rastafari Speaks Archive 1

Re: Am I my Brothers Keeper
In Response To: Re: Am I my Brothers Keeper ()

why are so many so called rastas on this board committed to defending and protecting whites? as was discussed in the orginal post, Africans must reflect on the past and current his/herstory and little insight will reveal a white supremacist capitalist patriarchial system that seeks to exploit and control people of color world wide and a system that has been consistently committed to the demise of African people and authentic African culture. are white people inherently evil? no one with a basic overstanding is stating this. all children are born pure. however we are all immediately conditioned to believe in white and male superiority. children are taught their place in the social hierarchy immediately. there is no place on the planet that is entirely free of this conditioning, therefore those of us in consistent contact with the Western media, education system, governments, policing, social structures must realize we have been shaped by the white/ Western hegemony. only then can we seek to change our own and the world's consciousness.

yes oneness must be the aim and it possible i believe, but we must continue address the reality of our everyday lives. we are not yet free no matter spiritually enlightened we may believe ourselves to be. mumia abu jamal is an good example of the paradox of complete freedom of the mind and spirit yet complete imprisonment in practical terms. the brother continues to write, inform us, resist the system and remain full of love. yet he is a still victim of a system that seeks to murder him. a system that has demolishes his family, a system that destroys his health,a system that has murdered his comrades, a system that denies his humanity everyday because he is a black man who demanded and demands justice. the system is very real and who controls it, who benefits, who created it? white power fluctuates from the white CEOs to the white truck driver who need not worry of police brutality as he speeds down the highway to the white girl who can always know that she will find reflections of her beauty everywhere to the white dread who can still be employed and respected above and beyond any everyday African in most spaces anywhere in the world.

please people let us not be foolish. white privledge is real. while there some whites exploited by other more powerful whites, overall and worldwide, everyday white people get paid more, live longer, receive better benefits, own more land, have more access to capital, have a media and education system that maintains their superiority, their physicality and their culture as the norm, the best, the only way. even the language in which i write this message reveals white supremacy. globalization as a newer form of economic and cultural imperialism has only quickened and expanded this process.

i too would like to hear why self proclaimed rastas would use their verbal energy to protect a people and a system that continues to hurt and disempower African people intentionally or unintentionally. usually these Blacks hope to garner some superficial benefit( such as sex, career advancement, popularity) in return for such behaviors. these days this is most obvisiously the case when many Black men feel they will gain social and/or material power from their loyalities to white men and especially to white women. as a Black woman i find this very painful, yet as an informed African i know that this too is yet another symptom of white supremacy as mental slavery.

Messages In This Thread

White devils, Black devils
Re: White devils, Black devils
Ashe! Misgana!! *NM*

FAIR USE NOTICE:
This site may at times contain copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner. We are making such material available in our efforts to advance understanding of environmental, political, human rights, economic, democracy, scientific, and social justice issues, etc. We believe this constitutes a 'fair use' of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law. If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond 'fair use', you must obtain permission from the copyright owner.
For more information go to: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml

Copyright © 2003-2014 RastafariSpeaks.com & AfricaSpeaks.com