HomepageHowcomyoucomRaceandHistoryRootsWomenTrinicenter
Homepage
Rastafari Speaks Archive
Buy Books
ARCHIVE HOMEMESSAGE BOARDREASONING FORUMARTICLESNEWS WEBLOG

Read Only : Rastafari Speaks Reasoning Archives

Rastafari Speaks Archive 1

Re: Different yet Rastas still
In Response To: Different yet Rastas still ()

No one is disputing that what you post are views from your persona, or personas.

This statement you made may be applicable to many on earth (good and bad, right and wrong). Just change the word 'Rasta' to 'human' in that statement, and it is the same. It really says nothing about addressing key social issues.

When you falsely claimed that the Black voices that do not share your views, and the views of others on many issues in this Black Based Movement, are anti-Rasta and anti-Selassie, you seem to be trying to tarnish (to put it mildly) the stronger Black voices who are pro Black development. (Not that I am too concerned by such antics) You were certainly trying to imply that you knew which views are valid in this Black Based Rastafari Movement.

On an earlier reasoning on Repatriation:

~~~~~~~~~~~

Answer this...
Posted By: ras adam simeon
Date: Thursday, 22 April 2004, at 5:13 p.m.
In Response To: Re: Answer this... (Ayinde)
http://www.rastafarispeaks.com/repatriation/index.cgi?noframes;read=39402

Ras Adam said: "I have no motive, I am just saying if people come here and get told "You can't be rasta because of your skin tone" i'd like them to know there are other opinions out there."

~~~~~~~~~~~

Who said one cannot be a Rasta because of their skin tone? The operators of the site and the majority of the people on the board did not say this. When you try to encourage new ones who come here to go elsewhere for your pick of Rasta views, of course YOU are trying to dictate. You are implying that they should not pay attention to the concerns and views of the Blacker voices here, and that you Ras Adam can decide for them who are the 'friendly' Rastas to associate with. This is the same White paternalism.

However, you were never denied your right to express your opposing view when someone else made that claim, so there was no valid reason for trying to remove new ones from here.

The point has been often made that people with a whole host of different views and beliefs claim to be Rastas, so it is not even my place to decide that for them. I don't go around telling this one and that one, that he or she is not right to make a Rasta claim. Anyone can do that, but by their reasoning, or lack thereof, people can come to their own judgement.

~~~~~~~~~~~

Ras Adam said: "what do we have in common? we all love Selassie and Africa specifically Ethiopia, beyond that we differ like fingerprints and snowflakes, but we are all Rasta still. your co-worker bro ras adam simeon"

~~~~~~~~~~~

I doubt this very much.

From my point of view, most people who claim Rasta have a very narrow concept of love, not only for Selassie and Africa/ Eithopia, but love and respect first for themselves.

They walk around with a romanticized version of Africa and cannot relate to what is happening on the ground over there. They cannot even relate to ancient Egypt and the experiences of the other Bantu people in the heart of Africa. So what they peddle as love, is hate to me. Encouraging Whites to claim what is for Black Africans only (Repatriation to Africa) is not Love or even Respect. It may appear to be all embracing but it is disrespecting and disenfranchising the legitimate heirs to lands and resources. It also seeks to muddle the issues.

If we are to all embrace each other irrespective of the vile and contemptible words and [possible] actions of some, then there is no reason to condemn Bush, and many other misleaders. Just embrace them as they are.

Anyhow, I stick to the issues that I am very sensitive about, that I am aware impact on the collective irrespective of their various religious beliefs. I am already convinced that most people, who are not dark-skinned Black, are not sensitive enough to certain key Black issues. They pay lip service to the Black concerns, when Black people are being killed daily because of them. No big thing there. But people should not expect I and other serious Blacks to be like that.

Why should we, the blacker ones who experience the most disrespect in the system, join others in heaping praises on their various interpretations of god and Rastafari, which is not sensitive to, or does not address, our concerns?

The power of the trinity, and the head that inspires awe is already in and with I, so I cool with my self. I feel no need to worship externally like many others, but they are quite entitled to that.

Messages In This Thread

Different yet Rastas still
nyamabala
Re: nyamabala
Re: nyamabala
Re: nyamabala/ALL , a likkle question
Re: nyamabala/ALL , a likkle question *LINK*
Re: nyamabala/ALL , a likkle question
Iron sharpens Iron! More strength! *NM*

FAIR USE NOTICE:
This site may at times contain copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner. We are making such material available in our efforts to advance understanding of environmental, political, human rights, economic, democracy, scientific, and social justice issues, etc. We believe this constitutes a 'fair use' of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law. If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond 'fair use', you must obtain permission from the copyright owner.
For more information go to: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml

Copyright © 2003-2014 RastafariSpeaks.com & AfricaSpeaks.com