Homepage
Rastafari Speaks Archive
Buy Books
ARCHIVE HOMEMESSAGE BOARDREASONING FORUMARTICLESNEWS WEBLOG

Read Only : Rastafari Speaks Reasoning Archives

Rastafari Speaks Archive 1

Re: anti black slander
In Response To: anti black slander ()

Ras Adam said: "That's my opinion based on what i've read on this newly taken over board this past year or so."

If people are just peddling the word Rastafari while disrespecting the issues that the movement was supposed to be addressing, it shows that they may be ignorant of many Black African perspectives. You really do not expect Black people like myself to provide space for Whites to insult us. As such, it is well within the owners' right to allow the board to evolve to accommodate the Black voices that were neglected.

Improving on what went before is development, and not adhering rigidly to poor ideas because some people back then did not have access to better information with which to evaluate things.

You may feel that we dark-skinned Blacks are supposed to stay quiet, and sponsor forums and repatriation for White missionaries like yourself to practice racist remote control. Thank heavens the operators here feel otherwise. And guess what, it is well within their/our rights.

Improvement for Black Africans is often seen as destruction for uninformed Whites, so if you feel the board is being taken over by Black African views then that is a definite step in the right direction, especially for Black Africans. It means the movement may be starting to reach the people it is supposed to address. We all cannot be contented with operating tourist-type-feel-good-in-ignorance-playgrounds for Whites... you know. The Internet is already filled with those, and even your unreasoned views. (Check your own links pool)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Ras Adam said: "Read the posts: people raging against Imperial rule, Amharas (his race),Christianity(Selassie's Faith), The Bible(the book HIM Gloried in Daily), One Love(an ancient rasta ideology now tainted and made into a curse word to promote hate), trying to turn rasta into freemasonry or egyptology, calling HIM a coward who let his people suffer while he lived in splendor..the list goes on and if the old posts weren't erased or if someone has them archived them somewhere i'll happily go pull up all the anti-rasta, anti-selassie quotes and the authors."

Hey, Black Africans like myself have every right to "rage" (to quote your impression of our views) against any kind of rule and practice that oppresses or disenfranchises us. Black kinky-hair Africans like myself have every right not to accept the bible and Christianity as is, or anyone else's interpretation of Spirituality. No more white missionaries and false White saviours. Dark-skinned Blacks, and all other righteous people should only interpret things, including this movement, in a way that first uplifts Blacks, especially the dark-skinned kinky hair Bantu type Blacks(The original Blacks of Eithopia held at the bottom of the social and economic ladder). It is still a Black based Movement. Some Black Africans may have good reasons for the positions they take, and since you have demonstrated a lack of sensitivity to serious Black African concerns (In my view), then you are no judge for Black African's words and actions.

In the future when you disagree with something you should challenge it in the moment, instead of waiting until the threads are moved to present your slander/anti-Black propaganda.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Ras Adam said: "This is to say if you are agasint selassie WHY are you (anyone) on a board called RASTAFARI SPAEAKS??????????????????"

You are quite rude here; you are certainly not the one to inform the Website operators or any other person how to interpret Rastafari. In my view, your own awareness of what Rastafari entails is WAY to limited and narrow, and anyhow, you seem to be more about accommodating ignorant Whites who flatter you. That is, White Superiority in a Black Movement. Of course feel free to share whatever views you have. We can all learn a thing or two from the distortions.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Ras adam quoted I and responded:

Ayinde said: "As far as I know dark-skinned Blacks are few on these boards."
Adams questioned: "Where do you get that from?"

You seem to be unable to understand simple English. I said AS FAR AS I KNOW. I only know a few people on these boards. So I get it from my first hand knowledge of people on the board.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Ras adam asked: "what am i selling?"

And as far as I am concerned you are a White Missionary.

You are selling anti-Black ignorance. Your strong view that, "Race Mixing is a great tool to break down racism", and your view that Whites are entitled to claim physical Repatriation to Africa, is definitely ignorance, and anti-Black in my view.

You conceded nothing, but instead went on to slander and distract.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Ras Adam said: "I say we are all africans and should move back there if we see fit."

Here again, you are either lying or seriously distorting. The debate was about Whites claiming physical Repatriation to Africa, and especially so in a Black Movement where Repatriation is about Black Africans and their descendents who were forcefully removed from Africa. You were also trying to promote a fund raising exercise here for a group that accepts Whites benefiting from the Back to Africa (Repatriation) movement. As I said that policy is misguided, and you should not try to covertly or overtly promote that here. It is down right disrespectful.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Ras adam said: "inclusion does note equate anti anything"

You are very misguided here again. Including ignorance, overt and covert racism in the affairs of this Black movement is anti-Black. Whites benefiting from the physical Back to Africa movement are also anti-Black. Promoting "race mixing as a great tool to break down racism" is also anti-Black. Hence in my view you are definitely anti-Black.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Ras adam said: "No one is asking for $ from you for white people i don't know where you got that one from"

You are promoting physical White repatriation to Africa, and especially so in a Black Movement. Many including myself could have unwittingly contributed to this folly. And if you make such post here (I hope you don't) you are also asking me to help contribute to what I see as anti-Black, which is definitely against my own self. The website should not support it if we strongly believe it is against our collective Black interest. But you are free to promote it elsewhere.

Whites can migrate to anywhere they choose (I am not even happy with that given the attitude of most whites), but in so doing they should not feel that they are part of any Black back to Africa Movement (Repatriation). They should not benefit from funds or land set aside for this exercise.

Whites should work, earn their own money and support Black groups without having controlling interest. They should pay their own way, and not expect to be recipients of resources and rights that were set aside for Blacks and their descendents who were forcefully removed from Africa.
If I am wrong in my views here then prove it.

To be anti-your (Ras Adam) views is not to be anti-Rasta or Rastafari, and it certainly is not a physical attack on you. It is in reality, legitimate Self Defense.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

On another note:

Posted By: ras adam simeon
Date: Monday, 26 July 2004, at 3:30 p.m.
In Response To: Re: iyah360 (iyah360)
http://www.rastafarispeaks.com/cgi-bin/forum/config.pl?noframes;read=42236

Ras adam said: "The internet and typed words is really NOT the way to know people measure people judge people. Look up some research on what people do lonine how they act waht they say diff from real life. you'd be surprised. There is no way to know that ayinde is not white and ras adam is not black this is virtual reality bredrin."

Why on earth would you try to use my name in your dishonest reasoning to impute false photos? That is how you feel you can distort and distract from the issues.

You and another one a while back asked for posters to put up their photos. I did. Fortunately several of the Black ones on this site have reasoned with I face to face, and I was reliably informed by someone who met you, whom I trust very much, that you are indeed White. So yes, all the pictures you see of the management and supporters are real, and there is no need to try to create a distortion where there are none.

Messages In This Thread

Anti-Black slander?
anti black slander
Re: Anti-Black slander?
all rasta must go back to africa
Re: all rasta must go back to africa
WHERE WILL THE NONE RASTA BLACKS GO..
Re: WHERE WILL THE NONE RASTA BLACKS GO..
Re: WHERE WILL THE NONE RASTA BLACKS GO..

FAIR USE NOTICE:
This site may at times contain copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner. We are making such material available in our efforts to advance understanding of environmental, political, human rights, economic, democracy, scientific, and social justice issues, etc. We believe this constitutes a 'fair use' of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law. If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond 'fair use', you must obtain permission from the copyright owner.
For more information go to: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml

Copyright © 2003-2014 RastafariSpeaks.com & AfricaSpeaks.com