HomepageHowcomyoucomRaceandHistoryRootsWomenTrinicenter
Homepage
Rastafari Speaks Archive
Buy Books
ARCHIVE HOMEMESSAGE BOARDREASONING FORUMARTICLESNEWS WEBLOG

Read Only : Rastafari Speaks Reasoning Archives

Rastafari Speaks Archive 1

Anti-Black slander?

Ras Adam said: “There's lots of strong Afrikan voices on this board, but lots of them are anti-Rasta, Anti-Selassie, Anti- Racial Equality, Anti-race Mixing, Anti-etc.. so would I be contrary to some of these CONcepts?? You bet..”

~~~~~~~~~~

What kind of a ridiculous statement is this?

Who are the lots of them?

Is this another attempt to slander the few recognizable Black ones like myself?

Am I to believe that to disagree with White Ras Adam, and his White friends on key Black issues is to be against Rastas and Rastafari?

Apparently you have cornered the world market on what Rastafari and this Black Movement is all about. Apparently you feel that you know how Blacks are supposed to interpret things - especially in this Black Movement. So apparently unknown to many of us, you were appointed some great Rasta Elder, and an interpreter for Blacks. As far as I know dark-skinned Blacks are few on these boards.

For the records, I am opposed to white missionary tactics; your serious misrepresentation of Selassie's words to the extent that you assumed his words meant that he was supporting your “race mixing as a tool to break down racism.”

I am opposed to your brand of racism, which is often more covert, and a sinister attempt to trivialize African concerns.

I certainly cannot be anti-Rasta as I identify with Rasta in its most ancient form (something you obviously know little to nothing about). I do not identify with some careless association with Whites in some ‘onelove’ game that dismisses Black issues, which is a mask for keeping White Superiority and privileges intact.

I am opposed to racial-equality if that means being the same as Whites, or any other kind of ignorant and oppressive people, and/or playing for White/fair-skinned acceptance. That is racial stupidity, which contributes to all other forms of abuses. Blacks have no right trying to become equal to whites.

So far you have not proven through reason or otherwise that any of my arguments are false. Instead you peddle Selassie’s name as a mask for ignorance, in my view.

For example, your strong defense of your claim about “race mixing being a great tool to break down racism.” You strongly defended that even when presented with better arguments, and that showed that you do not have the foggiest idea what racism is really about, and have not looked at your own white privileged conditioning.

You were firm in your view that Whites were to benefit from the Back to Africa (repatriation) movement, and because you see a small number of Whites claiming repatriation to Africa, you feel it should not be our (Black People) concern. Nowhere in heaven can anyone make a serious argument to show how Blacks must help raise funds to also assist whites to repatriate to Africa. But in the face of many arguments you feel that whites by virtue of getting involved with Blacks/Rastafari are entitled to what is supposed to be for Blacks only.

I feel that people did not challenge your ideas early enough before allowing you into our Black people’s business. And as more Blacks get better informed they will work to ensure that Black Movements serve Black interests as they were meant to serve.

The only thing can I agree with you on, is that you do have a right to your views, and are well within your right to spread them. However, you and all who support your views on Whites claiming and benefiting from Repatriation to Africa, “race mixing is a great tool to break down racism”, and any other anti-Black views you share, should not expect this Black kinky-hair one to assist in spreading those ideas, or to help raise funds to promote it.

I strongly feel those ideas are not in the best interest of Blacks, and I will act accordingly.

Messages In This Thread

Anti-Black slander?
anti black slander
Re: anti black slander
Re: Anti-Black slander?
all rasta must go back to africa
Re: all rasta must go back to africa
WHERE WILL THE NONE RASTA BLACKS GO..
Re: WHERE WILL THE NONE RASTA BLACKS GO..
Re: WHERE WILL THE NONE RASTA BLACKS GO..

FAIR USE NOTICE:
This site may at times contain copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner. We are making such material available in our efforts to advance understanding of environmental, political, human rights, economic, democracy, scientific, and social justice issues, etc. We believe this constitutes a 'fair use' of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law. If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond 'fair use', you must obtain permission from the copyright owner.
For more information go to: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml

Copyright © 2003-2014 RastafariSpeaks.com & AfricaSpeaks.com