HomepageHowcomyoucomRaceandHistoryRootsWomenTrinicenter
Homepage
Rastafari Speaks Archive
Buy Books
ARCHIVE HOMEMESSAGE BOARDREASONING FORUMARTICLESNEWS WEBLOG

Read Only : Rastafari Speaks Reasoning Archives

Rastafari Speaks Archive 1

Re: Let our African women be free to speak and act

Greetings and much blessings to the I, Sellassielives, I have noticed that you have returned, and as usual, you are not afraid to speak the positive reasonings, which comes into your mind. I have been around for a while, and I have crossed many rivers of learning, I did learn many things from those Elders who were before me, and I still respect there genuine efforts, to have taught me what they learned.

However, a wise person, must review from time to time, everything which he or she has learnt, in order to see, if there are corrections to be made, or if there are further up dates, considering that true knowledge, grows from stage to stage most glorious.

I have been reviewing some of the things which we do and teach as African people over the years, and I have found out that some of them are nothing but religious dogma, as you have said in your post.If any race of people is to survive and prosper, with dignity and integrity, then the generation before, must lay a foundation of goodness, as it relates to knowledge and good learning, and then pass the baton of honesty and truth to the following generation, so that they can carry on the good work, from generation to generation.

The topic which is under discussion in this post, is a very important one, because I am aware, that every time our Iyaughters are involved in their monthly cycle, they are made to feel unclean, neglected, and lonely. These religious laws come down very hard on them, for just going through Mother Nature's Natural cycle, which is related to reproduction activities.

The reproduction process of life is always very painful it seems to me, and since life is my teacher, I do find it necessary, to learn from observation, so I have observed, that life for each of us is really a struggle, since each of us had to struggle out of our mother's womb, to be born while she struggles, to push us out while being in great pain.

After the baby is born, it takes a time for this mother to be healed, after this great struggle of pushing out that baby.Then there is this great struggle of nourishing and caring for this baby, she have to comfort him and give him genuine love even in her unhealed state.

I am proclaiming here, that the woman is a very blessed creature created by Mother Nature and Father Time, for just to think that after that baby is born, then the woman's breast is full of human milk, so that the baby can be nourished and cared for.

I do think that the woman have to go through great tribulations and pain to be able to bring forth children, then care for then until they are adults, and therefore, she should not be despised, be abused, be neglected, or be disrespected, whether she is going through her period or not, respect her for the hardships which she have been through, from time to time and think of her as your mother for woman is the mother of both male and female.
Again I send many oceans of blessings
ONE BLACK LOVE ONE BLACK HEART
Baba Ras Marcus

Messages In This Thread

Let our African women be free to speak and act.
The Sabbath and the Moon

FAIR USE NOTICE:
This site may at times contain copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner. We are making such material available in our efforts to advance understanding of environmental, political, human rights, economic, democracy, scientific, and social justice issues, etc. We believe this constitutes a 'fair use' of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law. If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond 'fair use', you must obtain permission from the copyright owner.
For more information go to: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml

Copyright © 2003-2014 RastafariSpeaks.com & AfricaSpeaks.com