Homepage
Rastafari Speaks Archive
Buy Books
ARCHIVE HOMEMESSAGE BOARDREASONING FORUMARTICLESNEWS WEBLOG

Read Only : Rastafari Speaks Reasoning Archives

Rastafari Speaks Archive 1

Re: The woman that is come into thine house

Rastafari Greetings

You keep going this way and that, but you made an interesting point. There needs to be an overstanding from the beginning, as you put it.

But sometimes now, a woman will say she will. Then when she is established in the home, she says she has changed her mind. In the movement in belong to, I am free to separate from her. But until she lies with another man or she passes away, I am not free to re-marry. So one is in a damned-if-I-do-damned-if-I-don't situation- you can't live with this woman but at the same time you are tied to her.

I know a certain brother, he is of the Nyahbingi Order. When he married his woman, she was all ready to embrace the Rastafari faith. But as soon as she was in ( in my country when a woman has been accepted by the man's family, she has her place and her rights within that family. This is what I mean by "in") she changed her mind. She would be rude and inhospitable to Rastafarian visitors. She never attended a Rastafarian fucntion, even though this man is a prominent member of the Nyahbinghi Order in Zimbabwe. She had the support of his family. As I said before, a woman in Zimbabwe attends her husband's church. She stopped going to the one she grew up in.... and now attends the one he grew up in !!!!!The result was he lost much dignity and respect- he could be addressing the congregation and talking about the need to have more queens present and someone would shout "Where's your queen?"

In all my relationships with women, I always put forward my desire to run a household according to the tenets of Rastafari. Those that could not handle this, well, we parted ways in peace.

But this does not always happen with every brother. And this is what I want us to talk about. How can we bring the lovely women around us to wear the Crowns of Rastafari? Without women, our movement will die. And I mean die not just physically, but spiritually and culturally as well.

The brother asked if we have addressed the problem of non-Rastafarians taking our sisters. Personally I have no problem with that, I would give my daughter away to a non-Rastafarian provided they love each other and he has respect for me. I would not have a problem with her converting to his religion, I would actually expect her to. But that is just me.

Thanks to all who have contributed. We are all learning

Messages In This Thread

The woman that is come into thine house
try to OVERSTAND the bible, to OVERSTAND RasTafarI

FAIR USE NOTICE:
This site may at times contain copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner. We are making such material available in our efforts to advance understanding of environmental, political, human rights, economic, democracy, scientific, and social justice issues, etc. We believe this constitutes a 'fair use' of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law. If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond 'fair use', you must obtain permission from the copyright owner.
For more information go to: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml

Copyright © 2003-2014 RastafariSpeaks.com & AfricaSpeaks.com