Rastafari Speaks Archive
Buy Books
ARCHIVE HOMEMESSAGE BOARDREASONING FORUMARTICLESNEWS WEBLOG

Read Only : Rastafari Speaks Reasoning Archives

Rastafari Speaks Archive 1

Re: Nasty inna heart
In Response To: Nasty inna heart ()

Gretings

I feel that this homophobia is fear of gays and sexual violence. I feel that many people are affraid that homosexuals are predators. In prison or jails many of InI survive sexual violence by folks from the same gender. Unfortunately, to the victims they equate that violence with homosexuality. When in fact, most of that type of violence tends to come from heterosexually identified fe/males who just want to assert their power and prowess over other ones.

Folks like James Baldwin and June Jordan and the woman who wrote Zamie and gave us so many important theories and Rosie O'Donnold and countless of others who have attained famed and lived in the public eye have contributed a great deal to our society and culture and they deserve to live in peace.

I want to live in peace with homosexuals who want to achieve their dreams. I don't feel threatened by them at all. In fact, Me'Shell Nde--the singer/performer who is co-habitating with Rebeka Walker (Alice Walker's daughter) in Berkeley, CA are helping to advance the voice of women in their works. They lessen the pool of available women that folks like me have to compete with in the heterosexual landscape.

I have benefitted a great deal from black gays and lesbians in academia who have stood up and were strong for black pride and self determination. How could I ever forget the importance of Langston Hughes and even Alain Locke and Jimmy Baldwin and Audrey Lorde. These folks were like Gods to me not HIM or HER but definitely strong forces in my continuing search for selfhood. I pay homage to them and I thank them a million times for helping me to achieve my goals for helping me to love myself and to understand sexuality.

I know that HIM and HER appreciate those folks too and blessed them with success.

I have a question for the others on this thread. Can homosexuals be Rastas or belong to any of the houses? Nyabinghis seem to favor the trinity of mother father and child.

Messages In This Thread

Chilling call to murder as music attacks gays *LINK*
Re: Chilling call to murder as music attacks gays *LINK*
Re: Chilling call to murder as music attacks gays
G-MAN......
Re: G-MAN......
Re: rasta and the resistance
Nasty inna heart

FAIR USE NOTICE:
This site may at times contain copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner. We are making such material available in our efforts to advance understanding of environmental, political, human rights, economic, democracy, scientific, and social justice issues, etc. We believe this constitutes a 'fair use' of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law. If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond 'fair use', you must obtain permission from the copyright owner.
For more information go to: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml

Copyright © 2003-2014 RastafariSpeaks.com & AfricaSpeaks.com