Homepage
Rastafari Speaks Archive
Buy Books
ARCHIVE HOMEMESSAGE BOARDREASONING FORUMARTICLESNEWS WEBLOG

Read Only : Rastafari Speaks Reasoning Archives

Rastafari Speaks Archive 1

Re: The woman that is come into thine house

“JAH had chosen him…”

Even when comments like this are in some ‘holy books’, I don’t buy this JAH making choices for people as if they are just going along, which gives the impression that these decisions are absolute. It can be quite a deceptive way of not questioning their decisions while they can claim no responsibility for the ill effects of it. I rather suspect that people can do anything and say it was JAH’s choice.

However, I do feel that much problems with relationships and the carnage in the world today are related to the male authority figure, not that people cannot do as they feel and stay with their male authority figure, but given the fact that most of today’s problems are the result of male domination, I think it is quite healthy for people (including Rastafarians) to question this male authority.

“I would prefer it to be strictly Rastafarians”

I doubt the variety of views held by many who claim to be Rastafarians can be seen as a doctrine or some strict set of rules. Once you post things in public, then anyone can respond, and these views, especially if they come from those who share the interest of the broader African Diaspora, are more than welcome. Of course you are always free to take what you like and reject or critique the rest.

Messages In This Thread

The woman that is come into thine house
try to OVERSTAND the bible, to OVERSTAND RasTafarI

FAIR USE NOTICE:
This site may at times contain copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner. We are making such material available in our efforts to advance understanding of environmental, political, human rights, economic, democracy, scientific, and social justice issues, etc. We believe this constitutes a 'fair use' of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law. If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond 'fair use', you must obtain permission from the copyright owner.
For more information go to: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml

Copyright © 2003-2014 RastafariSpeaks.com & AfricaSpeaks.com