Homepage
Rastafari Speaks Archive
Buy Books
ARCHIVE HOMEMESSAGE BOARDREASONING FORUMARTICLESNEWS WEBLOG

Read Only : Rastafari Speaks Reasoning Archives

Rastafari Speaks Archive 1

Re: The woman that is come into thine house

Rastafari

Anyone who tried to run away from the mainstream Zimbabwean conventions by embracing the Judae-christian-Muslim ones would find themselves to have made a 360 degree (yes, pun intended, I have a sense of humour) turn.

The issues that I raised, that a woman is bound by her husband (Numbers 30, for example) or her father are a point of customary law in Zimbabwe. Thus my mother, born an bred an Anglican became a devout Methodist when she married my father. Even when he lost his way, she stayed a Methodist. Her older sister became a Salvation Army member when she married my uncle. Her younger sister is an Evangelical.

This is the norm in Zimbabwe, that a woman joins her husband and takes his rank. Sometimes a man might feel that what his wife has is better, these situations happen as well. But my point is that when it comes to Rastafari, this convention seems to be blatantly disregarded to the detriment of the Rastafari community and its potential to continue. Where are the Ruths, the Sarahs of today. Where are those fathers that would say to their daughters " go with this man, it is better to be a servant in his house than a princess in mine", as Pharaoh did to his daughter Hagar, when he gave her to Abraham?

I am trying to address here what is a problem within the Rastafari people, my people. While I appreciate your interest in the rest of Zimbabwean society, I must insist that we all adhere to the spirit of the topic.

Thank you all for your contributions. Please continue with them.

Rastafari Blessings.

Messages In This Thread

The woman that is come into thine house
try to OVERSTAND the bible, to OVERSTAND RasTafarI

FAIR USE NOTICE:
This site may at times contain copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner. We are making such material available in our efforts to advance understanding of environmental, political, human rights, economic, democracy, scientific, and social justice issues, etc. We believe this constitutes a 'fair use' of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law. If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond 'fair use', you must obtain permission from the copyright owner.
For more information go to: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml

Copyright © 2003-2014 RastafariSpeaks.com & AfricaSpeaks.com