HomepageHowcomyoucomRaceandHistoryRootsWomenTrinicenter
Homepage
Rastafari Speaks Archive
Buy Books
ARCHIVE HOMEMESSAGE BOARDREASONING FORUMARTICLESNEWS WEBLOG

Read Only : Rastafari Speaks Reasoning Archives

Rastafari Speaks Archive 1

Re: EXODUS STORY OF MERU IN KENYA

~Is it not de work of all men to try to prove dem theory is correct..common sense an nuh no scholarly thinking can be employed here Bredrin, di stories of di Bible come to INI in di following fashion..dem come handed down from di beginning of time. Yuh may seh some of wha is found in di bible has changed over time, but dat nuh change di claim dat di bibles stories are first, since Iration of man, an all addah stories came after it. Di stories yuh talk of from different books an legends may have been inspired stories from ones who actually heard di biblical stories ages handed down. Di Meru story is an Isample to I woman. Who is to seh dat whan dem move northward dat dem heard di stories of di bible, an mixed it in wid dem own kulcha an stories?

*I would have to say I disagree that the bible stories come first, and I think that is where the basis of our disagreement is from.

~Bredrin I woman do not discount any thing whan it kancern INI African peoples. as a matter of fact, most will agree dat Egypt, was an is one of di most powerfull an advanced societies ever encountered.

*I did not mean to imply that you discount these things. I am referring to the white supremacist paradigm that functions on conscious, subconscious and unconscious levels.

~And Bredrin I again ask yuh why stories like Queen of Sheba going to Solomon are nuh possible or genuine? It would mek total sense, especially to Rastafari. No one is trying to assert dat Africans were nuh di author of various parts of Biblical Istory. Whole a Egypt is on di African continent, which mek whole a di people dem in Egypt decendants of di original African Nation of Egypt.

*I am not saying NECESSARILY that these stories are not genuine, I am saying DEFINITELY that from what I have learned Africans do not need these stories to legitimize their rightful place in history, AFRICA HAD MOST ALL OF THE PRACTICES of the "HEBREWS/JEWS" before the bible was even compiled and written . . . this is what got co-opted and added to by the people who call themselves Jews today.

~how does di I overstand Falasha Jews an di Christian Ithiopian Nation?

The Falasha Jews could be an original remnant of the people known as the Hebrews who fled into Ethiopia and seperated from the Hebrews who migrated to Babylon. Ethiopia is home to the world's oldest Orthodox Christian church, seperate from the Roman.

~It is nuh dat I woman dont whant to beleif, its dat I woman know dat di whole Christian Bible stands on it own as far as Scientific Fact, Historical Fact, til dis day. Please Bredrin I woman will reason upon dis any time, especially fi ones who actually beleif dat Christian beleifs come out of mythology, it is jus nuh true, and we cya reason if yuh would like..

This is thoroughly documented
~Please explain how it is throughly documented

* from http://www.africaspeaks.com/reasoning/?board=general;action=display;num=1066661403

". . . the worship of the Mother Typhon and her son Sut began to fall into disrepute. A father was needed to account for the generation of all things, and gradually the idea of TUM the Old God of the Setting Sun arose, and he was said to be the Father of the Four Suts. (Thus the four Quarters were established, or perhaps the Equinoctial points and the Solstices). TUM then became known as ATUM, and the Solar Fatherhood was established. Also the twin Lion-Gods assumed the type of Sut-Horus in ATUM-RA.

The quarrel which rent the monuments arose on account of Sut-Horus (Sut as brother of the Sun) and the Egyptian Amen-Ra who was identified with the Greek Jupiter-Amen. An alliance was made between the Ammonians and the Osirians against the followers of Sut-Har, or Sutekh or Sebek, and the ancient genetrix Typhon.

The taunt flung by the Osirians at the Sut-Typhonians was "Orphan", intending to brand them as Fatherless in a religious sense because they worshipped only the Mother and the Child, who became looked upon as the Harlot and the Bastard.

This led to many unpleasant things being said on both sides, and we find a period when the followers of both forms or worship accused the others of every form of immoral practice.

We should now take up a slightly different angle of the situation. ATUM was the same as the first ADAM of the Hebrews. The Rabbis taught rightly that their typical Adam, of the same name as the monkey UDUMU, had carnal knowledge of every tame and wild beast that he could dominate, and was not satisfied until EVE was made for him.

ATUM as the Second ADAM represented the first purely Human Deity without any animal admixture. We now get a glimpse of one of the reasons for the strange half-animal half-human types found in the ancient doctrines. There is another explanation of this, however, which will be discussed later. At the same time we begin to see how it was that King Khu-en-Aten, who revived the early traditions, had many purely human figures made, quite unlike the other Egyptian Images, and that these came to light in the recent discovery of the Tomb of Tutankhamen, who preserved them.

We have made mention before of IU, which means Twin, or Dual being, male and female in one. As in the case of Pharaoh or Har-Iu, we again find IU as the root of the word Jew.

So, too, we find in Iu-Sif the origin of Joseph, of whom more anon.

We find in Unicorn, Sut the Sun and Typhon the genetrix, and how this type preceded the Bullock or Osiris.

Sebek (The Crocodile) was a form of IU-Sif, as well as Har-Makhu and Aten of the Disk, who were each the Iu of the two horizons, as Son of the Mother.

After the reign of King Apehpeh in Egypt, the religion again changed hands and there arose a "King who know not Joseph" i.e. who did not worship IU-SIF or the Coming Son.

IU, as the Genetrix, became IU-Pater or Jupiter; and IU the Son who Comes, became IU-Sus, or Jesus. The Ever Coming Son was the prototype of the Wandering Jew, originally a symbol of Eternal Youth.

If there is any historical Joseph to be found in the monuments he is AIU. He was a protégé of Amenhetep III."

http://www.hermetic.com/browe-archive/achad/egyptian/egypt1.htm

So it seems the pre-Adamite(pre-Atum) are actually those who worshipped in the old way before the introduction of the cult of Atum-Ra or the idea of the heavenly father. So with the beginning of the old testament we see a NEW creation in the image of this new idea of the Father God.

* My intent is to try to get to the ROOT, so that when ones chant Rastafari, they know historically what it is in reference to.

~Yes Iyah, me overstan yuh wish is to document to Rastafari a portion of INI Istory, but to say dat addah kulchas werent involved in Istory is foolish, nuh true? all kulcha has a place in di bible, but di bible is INI foundation. Solid as a rock jus like we Bredrin!!

* Yes it is foolish to think that other cultures are not intertwined with the modern interpretation of Rasta. Indeed the exile in Babylon spoken of in the old testament rings true with all Africans in the present diaspora. And indeed that portion of the old testament is probably more relevent to Africans in the present diaspora than to any other people on EARTH at the present time, the things learned about keeping ones faith and culture in the midst of an oppressor and the changing of people at the hands of the oppressor is 100% relevent!

Messages In This Thread

Muta Article
A New Faculty of Interpretation
Re: A New Faculty of Interpretation
Re: Muta Article
some bout Egypt
Re: some bout Egypt
EXODUS STORY OF MERU IN KENYA
Muta is against the Bible

FAIR USE NOTICE:
This site may at times contain copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner. We are making such material available in our efforts to advance understanding of environmental, political, human rights, economic, democracy, scientific, and social justice issues, etc. We believe this constitutes a 'fair use' of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law. If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond 'fair use', you must obtain permission from the copyright owner.
For more information go to: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml

Copyright © 2003-2014 RastafariSpeaks.com & AfricaSpeaks.com