Homepage
Rastafari Speaks Archive
Buy Books
ARCHIVE HOMEMESSAGE BOARDREASONING FORUMARTICLESNEWS WEBLOG

Read Only : Rastafari Speaks Reasoning Archives

Rastafari Speaks Archive 1

Re: EXODUS STORY OF MERU IN KENYA

Greetings Again an More Love
Give thanks fi yuh rasponse as it did clear up what yuh first posted. There are a number of points which I would like to comment on, an in order to do it, I will print yuh rasponse an ask at each place I hab a qwestion..

It is obvious that when racist scholars see a story in the mythology of the Meru that is similar to the exodus story, they try their hardest to say it came from somewhere else.

~Is it not de work of all men to try to prove dem theory is correct..common sense an nuh no scholarly thinking can be employed here Bredrin, di stories of di Bible come to INI in di following fashion..dem come handed down from di beginning of time. Yuh may seh some of wha is found in di bible has changed over time, but dat nuh change di claim dat di bibles stories are first, since Iration of man, an all addah stories came after it. Di stories yuh talk of from different books an legends may have been inspired stories from ones who actually heard di biblical stories ages handed down. Di Meru story is an Isample to I woman. Who is to seh dat whan dem move northward dat dem heard di stories of di bible, an mixed it in wid dem own kulcha an stories?

People immediately think that indigenous Africans are never the authors of ideas, people tend to bend over backwards to discount any speculation that something which actually has some bearing in history is of African origin.

~Bredrin I woman do not discount any thing whan it kancern INI African peoples. as a matter of fact, most will agree dat Egypt, was an is one of di most powerfull an advanced societies ever encountered.

What I intended to do by posting this story is to try to get ones to think that perhaps the folklore of indigenous Africans is the framework on which the religion spoke of in the old testament is based,

~And Bredrin I again ask yuh why stories like Queen of Sheba going to Solomon are nuh possible or genuine? It would mek total sense, especially to Rastafari. No one is trying to assert dat Africans were nuh di author of various parts of Biblical Istory. Whole a Egypt is on di African continent, which mek whole a di people dem in Egypt decendants of di original African Nation of Egypt.

and that some of the stories have been co-opted over time, the history erased of the original and eventually a new people takes credit for this history and mythology.

~how does di I overstand Falasha Jews an di Christian Ithiopian Nation?

Ones do not want to believe it, but it is the TRUTH, that the whole Christian religion is based on mythology from ancient Egypt.

~It is nuh dat I woman dont whant to beleif, its dat I woman know dat di whole Christian Bible stands on it own as far as Scientific Fact, Historical Fact, til dis day. Please Bredrin I woman will reason upon dis any time, especially fi ones who actually beleif dat Christian beleifs come out of mythology, it is jus nuh true, and we cya reason if yuh would like..

This is thoroughly documented
~Please explain how it is throughly documented

. . . if this be the TRUTH, then who is to say that the stories of the OLD TESTAMENT are not similarly based on the mythology of Africans such as the Meru tribe of Kenya?

~As yuh seh, if it be di truth...I say yuh haf nuh proof its truth!

My intent is to try to get to the ROOT, so that when ones chant Rastafari, they know historically what it is in reference to.

~Yes Iyah, me overstan yuh wish is to document to Rastafari a portion of INI Istory, but to say dat addah kulchas werent involved in Istory is foolish, nuh true? all kulcha has a place in di bible, but di bible is INI foundation. Solid as a rock jus like we Bredrin!!

Me nuh mean no disRaspeck Rastafari, Jah know, but di claim yuh mek wid regard to INI bible stories, an kulchas are nuh sound, an I would like to reason on facts, nuh on hearsay, especially today whan deh is nuff proof at di tips of INI fingers, nuh true? Give thanks fi yuh reasoning still..Jah Bless
in His Love
kaya I

Messages In This Thread

Muta Article
A New Faculty of Interpretation
Re: A New Faculty of Interpretation
Re: Muta Article
some bout Egypt
Re: some bout Egypt
EXODUS STORY OF MERU IN KENYA
Muta is against the Bible

FAIR USE NOTICE:
This site may at times contain copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner. We are making such material available in our efforts to advance understanding of environmental, political, human rights, economic, democracy, scientific, and social justice issues, etc. We believe this constitutes a 'fair use' of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law. If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond 'fair use', you must obtain permission from the copyright owner.
For more information go to: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml

Copyright © 2003-2014 RastafariSpeaks.com & AfricaSpeaks.com