HomepageHowcomyoucomRaceandHistoryRootsWomenTrinicenter
Homepage
Rastafari Speaks Archive
Buy Books
ARCHIVE HOMEMESSAGE BOARDREASONING FORUMARTICLESNEWS WEBLOG

Read Only : Rastafari Speaks Reasoning Archives

Rastafari Speaks Archive 1

Re: No Colorless Rasta Movement

GLORY BE TO THE POWER OF THE HOLA TRINITY, EMPEROR HAILE SELLASSIE 1/EMPRESS MANEN.

Greetings RasTafari;

I tried to follow all the comments, even including Ayinde's and I am slightly dazed at the behaviour of many posters.
For one, it doesnt seem that readers tried to get the message in the way it was intended to. Or for needing to attempt at some balance, let me admit that I preferred to settle on the most underlooked word...and that is, leadership. Leadership in black/ RasTafari movements.

It was clear that maybe he had some personal experiences that allowed his thinking.
That is where I refuse to completely thrash out the post.
And I thouhgt that he trusted that MANY of INI (blacker) could find similar encounters brought to mind to cause such a conviction.

Ayinde clearly repeated that all colours have the right to spiritual and other contributions towards the cause of Africa, especially the RasTafari aspect of spirituality,however, he sited that because of the fact that everyman black man has lived through racism at one point or another; even at home when although black, the discrimination will go as far as the height of the nose. And preference becomes automatic for the child who can just come out with somethig looking as having a trace of europe. And ridicule for the blackest and "ugliest child"

Excuse Ayinde, for sure, I share the same sentiments with him in our zeal to repair the damage. It means that nowhere and time some of us are not going to allow the blacker from discovering talents that will reflect genuine liberty of the blacker.

I respect the density of Ayinde's thinking.
I choose "dense" because of the potential to be misoverstood.

Ayinde was saying that the blacker is no longer going to be sacrificed ANYMORE.

DJItal, why are you so energised against such a post?
Is there not a semblance of denial in the course of your deliberations? maybe even a level of confused loyality around attempting to defend a light skin poster on the board.
Let INI remain objective.
I also think that who the cap fits let them wear it and learn to humble when the cap only fits but we dont like it.
for my part INI MUST suffer theself to go deep within some grinds of humility and grow.

Let the voice of the voiceless be heard when it makes sense.

There are times when the mulattoes develope an attitude that can stifle the blacker if we dont know how to bob and weave around their false assertion. Even in this post I pray not to sound too violent and bias while I risk at being misoverstood too.

What I would love to add, is that when once the mulattoes gets washed away with the white priviledge mentality and start bashing other blackers who play out the pain of mulattoe discrimination they sounds so much like a child who always figures that the priviledge belongs to them and them alone.

why should the sister become so defensive when it seemed that she will not be voted as a leader within the RasTafari trod.
Leadership doesnt come because one so desires.
It has a mystic source....more mystic within RasTafari where leadership will not be defined without the specifics of the King/Queen.

So why should a sister start yelling at a nondreadlocks blacker claiming a sort of priveledge to look for support in her quest to dismantle a blacker of his experience who suffered because he is black or who observed/s this behaviour repeating itself even on this board.

When I hear a paler yell for her way, I certainly couldnt vote for such ATTITUDE. I would become shyer as a blacker.

And I suppose that is what some here have done to Ayinde.
A brother who has done so much to keep the forum afloat and balance.

Now. out of true humanity, he has expressed his personal thought out of his personal experiences, like all of us Africans, some are requesting to dash him out becuase of his position on leadership within an African tradition.

Ayinde, as a dreadlocks,I apologies to you for this foolish stunt. I apologies to you on behalf of all the African dreadlocks.
And I can assure you that if you fade away from this board, I would not like the board to fade away too.
YOUR INTELLECT AS LIKE A GEM. INI WOULD BE LESS BLESSED IF YOU STEP ASIDE.

SO FOR ONCE, I RPAY TO VOTE THAT THIS BALDHEAD MAN STAY AMONG INI RASTAFARI, BECAUSE IT IS A LONG TIME THAT I TOO WAS CLAIMING YOU AS BALDHEAD RASTAFARI.

I GREW TO RESPECT THAT BECAUSE IT IS BECAUSE YOU HAVE RESPECTED INI FOR WHAT WE ARE, THAT YOU CHOSE TO BE IN THE MIDST OF US.

AND THAT IS A LONG TIME AGO.
THANK YOU BROTHER

Messages In This Thread

No Colorless Rasta Movement
THIS POST IS THE TRUTH
Re: THIS POST IS NOT THE TRUTH
Re: No Folly here anymore!
Questions remain
Re: Questions remain
Re: Questions still remain
Re: good post Sis-Tafari
Sisi Tafari
tell Ayinde the africans need him here. thanks *NM*
Ras Tyehimba.. Perhaps you can answer this
attitude: hot but humble *NM*
Re: Ras Tyehimba.. Perhaps you can answer this
Africanempress
Re: Africanempress
I set out to address...
GOOD POINTS BINGHI *NM*
No Colorless Rasta Movement *NM*
UNIA Declares --- Marcus Garvey *LINK*

FAIR USE NOTICE:
This site may at times contain copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner. We are making such material available in our efforts to advance understanding of environmental, political, human rights, economic, democracy, scientific, and social justice issues, etc. We believe this constitutes a 'fair use' of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law. If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond 'fair use', you must obtain permission from the copyright owner.
For more information go to: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml

Copyright © 2003-2014 RastafariSpeaks.com & AfricaSpeaks.com