Homepage
Rastafari Speaks Archive
Buy Books
ARCHIVE HOMEMESSAGE BOARDREASONING FORUMARTICLESNEWS WEBLOG

Read Only : Rastafari Speaks Reasoning Archives

Rastafari Speaks Archive 1

Re: Sometimes it's gotta be done though

Bless up Gman,
I really wasn't referring specifically to the I and this particular latest deterioration into name calling.

I personally try to carry Iself here as I do in public. I have definitely been involved in some slightly ugly exchanges here at RS, but I try not to let things get out of control just because I don't have to be accountable face to face. Truth is, in real life InI hold back our true feelings all the time, at least I do. If I think a boss or colleague is a sheer idiot I often practice lots of uh... impulse control, lol! In person, in my real life, I just don't go around blazing people with no regard for their feelings. I don't do it online either and I don't know why the norms for communicating with other human beings don't apply here. Especially as Africans, do we really want to treat each other this way? I’m not talking about giving opinions, especially conflicting opinions are important IMO, but it’s HOW ones offer their opinions. I’ve never overstood the need to be outright abusive, but maybe that’s just me.

***Honestly, I am done with biting my cyber-tongue and holding back my true opinion of some of the wasters who clog up this website. That's my opinion of them, and they are free to have their opinion of me.***

With all due respect Gman (and I really have been respecting the I's posts since you returned), once you state that other posters here are *wasters who clog up this website* aren't you really saying that you belong here and they do not? Is that really up to any one of InI to say? I too have my opinions and questions about why some posters are here but it is not my personal website and have come to accept that as long as the admin allow someone to continue posting here they must have as much right to be here as I do. I can exercise choices in who I reason with, how I reason and about what. I'm not immune to getting into snarkiness with other posters, but I try to be honest with myself and true to my standards for Iself.

RS is a diverse community and people come here for all kinds of reasons. Some I overstand, some I do not. I believe that I am just as frustrated as anyone else by what seems to me to be nasty verbal masturbation at the expense of others. But I am not of the camp of “when in Rome…” and if ones wish to act like the “Romans” that’s on them. But for I that’s the saddest; when one starts off reasoning productively, and then once subjected to the nasty tone of others adjusts their own behaviour to follow suit. Was it not the I who once posted about the manner InI are representing ourselves as Rastafari on this international forum? Maybe it was someone else, but whoever it was, to I the point remains valid.

Blessed Love Bredren.

Messages In This Thread

So I take it Somalia's PM is a sellout? *LINK*
Sade - Pearls (woman in somalia) *LINK*
Most of Africa's leaders are pigs...
Africa's not alone
Re: Most of Africa's leaders are pigs...
Oh come on now Rasi
Re: Oh come on now Gman
Rasi, you are funny... In a sad way...
Re: Most of Africa's leaders are pigs... *NM* *LINK*
OK Mr Pedantic
Re: OK Mr Pedantic
I feel you gman...
Re: I feel you gman...
It's acceptable because...
Re: It's acceptable because...
LOL
Re: LOL
Apologies to the Board
And I think you're an imbecile
Meanwhile... as you defend the indefensible... *LINK*
BRAP!!!! BRAP!!!! BRAP!!!!
Naw bro...
Re: Naw bro...
Re: Selessielives
Re: Selessielives
Re: Look at the Times:
Re: Look at the Times:
Pay attention brudda Selassielive
Re: Pay attention brudda Selassielive
Sometimes it's gotta be done though
Re: Sometimes it's gotta be done though
I've spent years not doing it.
Re: wasters
THANK GOD FOR YOUR APPROVAL
so anyway child...
Re: wasters
I clearly remember it.
just rasi, eh?
Re: just rasi, eh?
WHAT PROFANITY YANKEE BAI?????
Re: WHAT PROFANITY YANKEE BAI?????
yep grandwizard of protectionism/favoritism *NM*
Tryna get me banned aincha DISSiple
Re: Tryna get me banned aincha DISSiple
PATHETIC response.
Re: PATHETIC response.
Female entertainers
Re: Female entertainers
Hey doofus
Re: Hey doofus
Check it Rosalind...
Re: It's acceptable because...
Re: Most of Africa's leaders are pigs... *NM* *LINK*
Whatever dude...
Re: Whatever dude...
That's "*doesn't*" impact me, Rasi....

FAIR USE NOTICE:
This site may at times contain copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner. We are making such material available in our efforts to advance understanding of environmental, political, human rights, economic, democracy, scientific, and social justice issues, etc. We believe this constitutes a 'fair use' of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law. If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond 'fair use', you must obtain permission from the copyright owner.
For more information go to: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml

Copyright © 2003-2014 RastafariSpeaks.com & AfricaSpeaks.com