Homepage
Rastafari Speaks Archive
Buy Books
ARCHIVE HOMEMESSAGE BOARDREASONING FORUMARTICLESNEWS WEBLOG

Read Only : Rastafari Speaks Reasoning Archives

Rastafari Speaks Archive

Re: Race and Gender, the big picture

Your words caused much me much thought.

I see the past and future as being bound together, in the way that it has been said that "rasta is the fuuture", but it is a future shaped from the past. Shaped from creation, from Africa, from Solomon and Sheba, and from His Majesty - earth's rightful ruler.

It is not only our past that makes us who we are but the direction we chose to move in. When I first sighted Rasta I had the distinct feeling that I hadn't 'found Rasta', Rasta had found me-or had always been me. But was it race or class that shaped me? You can't not focus on JAH because JAH is within all of us, maybe it is wether we accept it. How much does geneology shape us?

I believe that true Inity will exist when "The colour of a man's skin is of no more significance than the colour of his eyes" But I believe that until the Babylonian culture has fallen it would be wrong to forget the oppression that has occured of race, class and gender.

Perhaps the only way to move forward is through aknowledgement of the past and those can see the wrongdoing's of Babylon can then truly search for rightousness.

I would appreciate other's wisdom on this.
Jah Guide.

Messages In This Thread

Re: Race and Gender, the big picture

FAIR USE NOTICE:
This site may at times contain copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner. We are making such material available in our efforts to advance understanding of environmental, political, human rights, economic, democracy, scientific, and social justice issues, etc. We believe this constitutes a 'fair use' of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law. If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond 'fair use', you must obtain permission from the copyright owner.
For more information go to: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml

Copyright © 2003-2014 RastafariSpeaks.com & AfricaSpeaks.com