Homepage
Rastafari Speaks Archive
Buy Books
ARCHIVE HOMEMESSAGE BOARDREASONING FORUMARTICLESNEWS WEBLOG

Read Only : Rastafari Speaks Reasoning Archives

Rastafari Speaks Archive

Re: Aisha about white priviledge post
In Response To: Sorry Adaman & Aisha ()

Aisha... remember the 'White Priviledge' post you posted a while back and everyone, including myself thought it was such a great testimony, etc. And then you replied saying something like it's still pathetic because it shouldn't take some white person to make this statement before whites actually listened and understood and changed. And how blacks have been saying this all along and still... but then a big deal is made out of it when this white Diana lady comes out with these realizations (I think her name was Diana)(something to that effect). Anyhow, I agreed with you then, but now through experience I truly understand so much more. I have posted some of those posts on another board and someone responded saying: 'You are a good person for posting such essays here' (referring to me). And it really struck me more than before what you said... because I think if I were not white the responses would've been less paid attention to and/or the responses different. I'll definitly not take 'credit' for it and point this out.

It's sad that it often takes whites teaching whites to get things across when they should just KNOW allready.

Sorry once again, Heather

Messages In This Thread

Sorry Adaman & Aisha
Re: Aisha about white priviledge post
Re:--------->

FAIR USE NOTICE:
This site may at times contain copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner. We are making such material available in our efforts to advance understanding of environmental, political, human rights, economic, democracy, scientific, and social justice issues, etc. We believe this constitutes a 'fair use' of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law. If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond 'fair use', you must obtain permission from the copyright owner.
For more information go to: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml

Copyright © 2003-2014 RastafariSpeaks.com & AfricaSpeaks.com