HomepageHowcomyoucomRaceandHistoryRootsWomenTrinicenter
Homepage
Rastafari Speaks Archive
Buy Books
ARCHIVE HOMEMESSAGE BOARDREASONING FORUMARTICLESNEWS WEBLOG

Read Only : Rastafari Speaks Reasoning Archives

Rastafari Speaks Archive

Re: A post to all who come here and reason.

Blair... Much Raspects from the I most humble,

Lavdëroni të Gjithë Zotin. Gjithë Dashuri nga Zoti.
All Praise to Jah, All Love from Jah!

InI in total agreement with you and many others much more wise than the I. A few questions for you to meditate over and reason over with InI. The I only seek the knowledge of all Jah's Idren, and you seem to have many deep thoughts.

1) Divinity... how do you define that as it relates to H.I.M. Haille Selassie I. You say "Selassie is of divine blood. No RASTA can deny this if he/she is to call themselves RASTA. If a RASTA chooses to see HIM as JAH then JAH blessings to them. If a RASTA chooses to see him as only the DIVINE leader of this movement then again JAH blessings". The dictionary has many definitions a) Of, relating to, emanating from, or being the expression of a deity; b) Being in the service or worship of a deity; sacred; c) Superhuman; godlike; d) Supremely good or beautiful; magnificent; e)Heavenly; perfect; f) To use or practice divination; to foretell by divination; to utter prognostications; g) Of or belonging to God; as, divine perfections; the divine will; h) Proceeding from God; as, divine judgments; i) Appropriated to God, or celebrating his praise; religious; pious; holy; as, divine service; divine songs; divine worship; j) Pertaining to, or proceeding from, a deity; partaking of the nature of a God; k) Godlike; heavenly; excellent in the highest degree; supremely admirable; apparently above what is human; l) emanating from God; "divine judgment"; "divine guidance"; m) devoted to or in the service or worship of a deity; "divine worship"; "divine liturgy"; n) appropriate to or befitting a god; "the divine wisdom of Soloman"; o) of such surpassing excellence as to suggest divine inspiration. InI notice you didn't say H.I.M. IS DIVINE you say He is of divine blood... why the difference? Can you believe He is "of divine blood" or even "divine" as defined above, but not necessarily a "Diety" (God himself) and still be a Rasta?

2) Ital... InI agree with you 110% on that. No questions here. Seem pretty self explanatory. It is better for the I, better for all Jah's creatures, and better for the Earth. Avoid totally all capatalist mass produced foods & all flesh.

3) Fighting oppression in all forms... again Truth Seen! InI have one question on your closing though. you say "RASTA is very much a Black issue and this cannot be denied. From this then we must not allow Ancient africain traditions to be labeled evil and wrong by those who oppress with Christianity. This is not RASTA and can never be allowed to be part of the movement." What do you mean Rasta is a Black issue"? Does this mean you must be Black to be Rasta? Truth we must not allow Ancient African traditions to be labeled evil BY ANYONE not just by Christians. But does this mean one can not believe in Christ and be Rasta? If one believes in Christ but do not his/her beliefs to opress others can one be Rasta?

4) Repatriation... "Again a must for us all to get back to african and mans roots. Both Physically and mentally." InI notice you say "back to African mans roots" not "back to Africa", the land itself. InI know many blacks... proud of their Black heritage actively involved in turning their chIldren on to their Black culture and religious roots that have families and roots here and are fighting for a better I-merica. They don't want to go back to Ifrica. Can they not call themselves Rastas?

5) Reasoning... This should be a no-brainer. As you said, "To take a one sided view is not and can never be RASTA. We must reason on all issues even if we may not agree with what we are reasoning on." That is what brought the I here in the first place... InI learn more day by listening to others (especially those who disagree). It opens the mind to new poss-Ibile-ties. That is why InI get so discouraged when sInI see postings saying things like "Love it or Leaveit!"... that's not reasoning... that's downpression.

6) Ethiopia... Truth seen! We must never lose sight of Ethiopia as the Holy land, as the roots of the movement and this also includes traditions of ancient Aksum. For the people of Ethiopia, it is regarded as the ancient residence and capital city of the Queen of Sheba, Makeda, the second Jerusalem, and the resting place of the Ark of the Covenant. All this is clearly stated in the Kebra Nagast. Also, much "modern" research points to Ethiopa as the birthplace of womb-man/mankind. Does this mean that anyone not of Ethiopian/African decent can not be Rasta? InI know of many "Rastas" who agree totally with the statements above and are not "African". They have simple seen the truth of I-story.

7) Marcus Garvey... InI don't think anyone will argue with the impact he had on the movement... either in the Amerika, Africa or Jamacia. As you say while the teachings of Garvey & H.I.M. may not always agree, neither did MLK and Malcom X, but no one can argue their impact and positivty.

InI agree we can not let Rasta beliefs "get watered down", but as the I gets older, InI remain idealistic, but see the world not so much as right & wrong, fire & water, up & down or black & white (pardon the pun) any more... InI see shades of grey sometimes... I see the ying and the yang ... I see that in reality we must sometimes (not water down but) modify our faiths to include all Jah's Idren. Jah Bless you! Zoti të bekoftë!

InI sorry this post so long... so many questions... so little time on this Earth to ponder answers... Guidance from ALL Jah's Idren
is always welcome and greatly appreciated!!!

One Love, One Destiny.
Një Dashuri, Një Fat.

Ras Bardhylis

Messages In This Thread

A post to all who come here and reason.
The Light Of Rastafari
Rasta Guidance
Re: Rason ---------- busted?
Re: U Kool Surf Daddy U Unik
Heh heh
Re: U Kool Kuan U Unik
EAT A DICK B*TCH...
Re: EAT A DICK B*TCH...
Try not to lose too much sleep, you moron
Re: Try not to lose too much sleep, you moron
aso dem a move...blood fya! *NM*

FAIR USE NOTICE:
This site may at times contain copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner. We are making such material available in our efforts to advance understanding of environmental, political, human rights, economic, democracy, scientific, and social justice issues, etc. We believe this constitutes a 'fair use' of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law. If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond 'fair use', you must obtain permission from the copyright owner.
For more information go to: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml

Copyright © 2003-2014 RastafariSpeaks.com & AfricaSpeaks.com