HomepageHowcomyoucomRaceandHistoryRootsWomenTrinicenter
Homepage
Rastafari Speaks Archive
Buy Books
ARCHIVE HOMEMESSAGE BOARDREASONING FORUMARTICLESNEWS WEBLOG

Read Only : Rastafari Speaks Reasoning Archives

Rastafari Speaks Archive

Re: "Black Hawk Down" the Movie
In Response To: "Black Hawk Down" the Movie ()

Greets gman
I have read the Book and seen the Movie. By now, it should have the Rangers and Delta force running around beating there chests yelling how Great they are,(being sarcastic). But I must tell you , I was in Somalia also, I left 6 months prior to this Bumboo Claat mission that killed many Somali's. I have a perspective of Somalia that noone knows, unless they have experienced SOMALIA. I live w/ this perspective Every day and EVERY night! I can truly say that I have seen the worst in human kind can offer, BOTH U.S. and Somali(small example, seeing a Somali kill another Somali over 5 gals of cookin oil. While this happened all US soldier stood by and watched)As far as the word SKINNIES, a soldier is taught to DEHUMANIZE the enemy thus making it easier to kill him, or her. Just as they did in Vietnam, calling them GOOKS or in slavery calling them Niggers. I do totally agree w/ correcting someone who uses these dehumanizing term for there fellow human. I will tell you I never used the word Skinnies, just called them Somali's and didn't know it existed til I read the book.
What Somalia has taught me is that there is a whole heap of Bumbo Claat trouble in this world and its time to get a grip on this, or maybe its just that, Time has run out!!
My life has changed due to Somalia. Most good, like understanding of equality, human rights, and love for fellow HUMANS no matter what colour or religion. Some Bad, Post Traumatic Stress disorder, due to my experiences while in that country. We did what we had to do to survive to get our team out of country and I ask forgiveness for this, a lot of forgiveness!! But we did try our best to do what we thought was right at that time.
Give Thanks
Natty Bob

Messages In This Thread

"Black Hawk Down" the Movie

FAIR USE NOTICE:
This site may at times contain copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner. We are making such material available in our efforts to advance understanding of environmental, political, human rights, economic, democracy, scientific, and social justice issues, etc. We believe this constitutes a 'fair use' of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law. If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond 'fair use', you must obtain permission from the copyright owner.
For more information go to: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml

Copyright © 2003-2014 RastafariSpeaks.com & AfricaSpeaks.com