HomepageHowcomyoucomRaceandHistoryRootsWomenTrinicenter
Homepage
Rastafari Speaks Archive
Buy Books
ARCHIVE HOMEMESSAGE BOARDREASONING FORUMARTICLESNEWS WEBLOG

Read Only : Rastafari Speaks Reasoning Archives

Rastafari Speaks Archive

Re: God and things
In Response To: Re: Mitochondrial Eve ()

For starters I read a very small portion of your post. As I said before if you really want a response from me try and leave room for it. I ask you few questions at a time to give you sufficient room to respond and I try not to post lengthy pieces if I can easily link to the full text. I am not attempting to answer all your questions in one response and I may never get around to all of them.

Having said that, from the little I read, the discussion is shifting from evolution to whether there is a supreme being/god or not.

Most scientists do not deny that there is a driving force behind all of life. Being scientists who rely on empirical evidence it would be difficult and somewhat foolish for them to simply believe and not try to discover for themselves. Actually my force/god said that is what we are supposed to do if we are to mature. Little children are expected to go along with their parents but as they grow they are expected to make decisions, find out how things work and the laws that govern them. (Least they end up in jail or somewhere worst).

I could tell you more about my own force/god.
I see my supreme force, which I interpret as 'God' and I communicate with that force most if not all the time (sometimes I am a little disobedient). I also see it in its many forms. That supreme force which communicates to me directly from the inside, gives me a clear idea what is expected of me. That force wants me to learn as much as possible about all of nature (including people) so I can improve my conduct therefore become more aware and in harmony with it. So in principle while I traverse this life anything I find good I adopt and I shed what I find not good. This is a small explanation about the workings of my 'god'. You may have a different idea or relationship with your god but mine is quite explicit.

My god does not want slaves but intelligent partners. (So it can see about other universally important things. Not a bad idea.)

I do not go around trying to convert people other than saying what I feel in public forums (radio and TV also). I try to set a good example and if others want some of my results and they ask, I explain to them how I got it. (They find I am generally happy so they ask.)
My god tells me to spread the gospel by setting good examples. (Actually this is a more efficient way as people speak so many different languages and it takes time to learn all.)

If you noticed I told you about my god in my own words and did not quote from anywhere because these things I am supposed to know. Books are material so they could be destroyed. (Like in fire, floods and Sep 11th) Incidentally that was one of the reasons my god said it works in me and I was given a brain. If I have it inside me then no one can steal it and I would not misplace it; I am always with the information I need. (A very smart god don't you agree?)

There are lots more I could say about my god from my own heart, (no books and no rehearsed text) If you really want to get back to God talk, can you tell me what it is and where it can be found? What special insights has your god given you to navigate this life? (I have to be careful and not tell you all my secrets right now.) Tell me another thing, is my god giving good or bad advice so far? (I have not told you all) And do you feel I should hold on to my god?

Messages In This Thread

Mitochondrial Eve
Most-recent common ancestor
Re: Most-recent common ancestor
Re: On Evolution
Re: On Evolution/Nubian & Kaya
Re: On Evolution/Nubian & Kaya
Re: Mitochondrial Eve

FAIR USE NOTICE:
This site may at times contain copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner. We are making such material available in our efforts to advance understanding of environmental, political, human rights, economic, democracy, scientific, and social justice issues, etc. We believe this constitutes a 'fair use' of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law. If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond 'fair use', you must obtain permission from the copyright owner.
For more information go to: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml

Copyright © 2003-2014 RastafariSpeaks.com & AfricaSpeaks.com